Fake Hoodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake Hoodies

Are the GRA committee aware of these 'hoodies' being sold with Greeves Rides Association logo! https://99shoppingpro.xyz/limited-ed...=Black&p=FRONT

I'm reluctant to click on your link John... It's either a dodgy web-site or just free advertising!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB View Post
      I'm reluctant to click on your link John... It's either a dodgy web-site or just free advertising!
      Fair does Andy but a member of Facebook Greeves Enthusiasts face book page posted that he had bought one. Here is a screen shot of the page. There are also tee shits and mugs available
      Attached Files
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 27/11/2023, 10:15 PM.

Comment

I can't see anything on the Facebook page - perhaps the admins have blocked him? I'm a bit surprised that they claim to have sold 30 - surely GRA members are brighter than that!??
        Maybe we should beware of fake GRA members wearing new hoodies...

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB View Post
          I can't see anything on the Facebook page - perhaps the admins have blocked him? I'm a bit surprised that they claim to have sold 30 - surely GRA members are brighter than that!??
          Maybe we should beware of fake GRA members wearing new hoodies...
          Yes its been taken down off FB maybe Brian Catt an admin on there can enlighten us, this is a screen shot of the post
          Attached Files

Comment

That's a scam post - not a genuine FB Greeves user - I bet if you went to his user account he won't have posted any genuine content in the very short time subscribed to the group. I know you are not using MS Windows John so probably virus free but I hope no-one else on here followed your link...

Comment

Lots of 'Greeves' tee shits on eBay for example this one but not with GRA name. But there is a GRA 1 pint glass for sale for GBP 18, jus a one off private sale by look of it, presumably at some point GRA had some of these made, whether its worth GBP 18 though is open to debate!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by John Wakefield; 28/11/2023, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Hi John, are they poor quality shirts or is that a typo…?

Comment

Originally posted by sherpatensing View Post
                  Hi John, are they poor quality shirts or is that a typo…?
                  No idea, the GRA hoodies look to be a scam, but the eBay shirts look genuine, I took screen shots direct from eBay

Comment

How important is this really? A year ago I bought a hoodie at the Stafford show with a good Norton logo on it; I also have Nortons. Was it sanctioned by the Norton factory? I doubt it! SFW? It is of good quality, it promotes the brand, and in the case of the Greeves one, if we as a club don't do them, maybe we should?

Comment

The issue here is not with the ones that just have Greeves on them (although Mr Deal of Greeves Motorcycles may take a different view) but that the 'fake' ones that have Greeves Riders Association on them, apart from infringing the clubs copywrite it could bring the club disrepute if they are of poor quality and buyers are unhappy with them.

Comment

That's right but I suspect any efforts to stop their sale would be expensive and doomed to failure.

Comment

Originally posted by iansoady View Post
                          That's right but I suspect any efforts to stop their sale would be expensive and doomed to failure.
                          Yes from India I think

Comment

I did block the post and poster from the Greeves Enthusiast page, but almost immediately lost my internet access for a while, hence delay in answering this post. I had seen several similar posts of FB where clubs and others had spotted the fact that the poster seemed to have created a fake hoody by putting the correct logo onto a photo of a blank garment. The GRA version did not last long once I was alerted to it!

Comment

Thank you Brian!

Comment

Working...
                              X