Bolton Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolton Show

Precursor to the October Stafford show, the Northern Classic bike show was held at the Silver street sports centre in the centre of Bolton. Organised by Alan Whitehead it attracted a good few visitors. Here we see Peter Smith and Jim Davis manning the stall which was alway busy. Good times
    Last edited by Phil Hyde; 23/11/2023, 10:34 PM.

Some inherent fault with posting. Apparently, some viewers were unable to see the photo. Perhaps a wise soul can advise where i went wrong.

Comment

I certainly remember a big bike show in Manchester in 1968, I had a bike shop and raced a Silverstone and a Norton at the time, and looked at an Oulton on the Greeves stand. Might have been Belle Vue? Any pictures of that show in the archives?

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Hyde View Post
        Some inherent fault with posting. Apparently, some viewers were unable to see the photo. Perhaps a wise soul can advise where i went wrong.
        Hi Phil,

The only thing that I can think of is it's possibly due to the size of the image and maybe the forum rejected it for being too large.

When you click 'upload attachments' the pic you're uploading attaches to the foot of the post as a 'thumbnail' image. This is the familiar type of image attachment where viewers see them as small pics along the bottom of the post and click on them to see them at full size. This is how it appears after you've completed typing/uploading images and actually post it.

However, at this point (before finally posting it to the forum) you are also given the choice to 'insert' the uploaded imagewithin the text of your post and with a choice of 'size' or to remove appearing to the right of the image (Small, Medium, Large, Fullsize, Remove.)

I assume this is what you tried to do as per your last thread and the pic you posted from the Southend show of OBG's outfit, i.e. as an 'insert'. I suggest trying it again but selecting a smaller size and see if it works. If it does, remove the image then try again with the next largest size until you get the result you are after. If it works OK with the smaller sizes at least you'll know what's happening.

I have always understood that if you attach an image as a thumbnail on here, as opposed to an 'insert' within the text box area, as detailed above, if the pic is too big the forum software will automatically re-size it to suit and it 'should' work ok. When instead you attach it as an 'insert' this may not be the case and if the image is too large it could be that which is causing the problem perhaps.

In any event, please don't be discouraged Phil as I for one would enjoy seeing any new content you have to share on here and post a response, DB too from reading his comment above. Give it another try and see how you get on.

Hope this helps out and get's it sorted for you.

Brian.

Comment

Did it work in 'preview' mode Phil?

Comment

Working...
          X