Ranger at the Fenman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranger at the Fenman

A couple of pictures of a Ranger at the much missed Fenman show Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1616.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	659.0 KB
ID:	96287 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1615.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	643.5 KB
ID:	96289
    Attached Files

Its PGV126E (frame number 24CS154) at the time owned by Peter Scott, Suffolk, later passing to Tim Griffon in 2006, still owned by his family I think.

Comment

At the time, there were few Rangers in the UK. Peter bought this one on holiday in the states. He brought it back to England as hand luggage suitably size reduced. A story in itself.

Comment

I have just acquired 2 Rangers one complete and one a project
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1920.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	514.5 KB
ID:	96411
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Tony,

Wow...that looks super original and 'all there'. Quite a find in that condition, what a little cracker!

Well done mate!

Comment

From a GRA member who is sensibly downsizing rather than leaving it in the shed to deteriorate. The project one is a pile of bits without an engine so that will keep me busy.

Comment

There are 32 known Rangers surviving, 14 in the UK (Tony has 3 of them) 2 in Australia, 1 in Canada and 15 still in USA. Not a bad survival rate out of only around 120 made, there are almost certainly still more in the USA not yet found. Can never understand why Greeves never sold the Ranger in UK, should have sold well as it combined off road capabilities with a road bike. Of course a few years later the Japanese manufactures all brought out trail bikes which sold like hot cakes.
              Last edited by John Wakefield; 07/11/2023, 10:22 AM.

Comment

4 John

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
                  4 John
                  Indeed missed the orange one

Comment

Working...
                  X