Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know

Just seen this on Ebay is it of any use 166354229350 asking for a friend

2T 3T 4T chain tensioner https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/166354229...Bk9SR_Dix97iYg No experiance of them myself, but looks like the guy has sold quite a few.

Comment

Probably. Villiers Services; and I believe British Bikes 1970 do their own versions. They are a good idea. All he says in the ad is correct. You just need to compare the versions on the market, and choose which one. They don't work for a 3T engine (sadly, as I have 2!) as the others have 20T engine sprockets, the 3T has a 25T, so no room for it.

It doesn't say 3T for that reason, JW.

Comment

I've just bought one from Villiers Services. ?40.
        Somewhat more simply than the one on ebay.
        easy fit by the look of.

Comment

TheVilliers one is self adjusting via a spring. Fit & forget.

Comment

I made my own from a 12mm white chopping board, cut in a circle with an offset 6mm hole, for my 32a Motor
            6mm hole in rear case. Disk is fixed with a m6 hex bolt, washer and locknut.
            Just loosen nut and turn disk to take slack out.

whitehillbilly

Comment

Thanks guys quite new to Villiers engines hence the question.

Comment

I made one for the 1H engine fitted to my FB Cruiser using a Royal Enfield tensioner as a basis. Worked quite well and saved all that faffing about with multiple gearbox gaskets.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6471.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	96036

Comment

Villiers Services apparently sell a tensioner that will fit the 3T with some mods. Arthur Farrow sent me the attached pic of one he has fitted to his 32DC Essex but with some mods.These are his comments.
                  • The slipper pad, and the pressure plate needed relieving on the far right hand side, so that they fitted in closer and lower to the case where the casting surface rises towards the gasket. This would not have been necessary, of course, with a smaller engine sprocket
                  • Having done that, I took two loops off the spring to reduce pressure
                  • and also shortened the bolt B because it was simply too long as supplied
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X