Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greeves Griffon 380 Air filter, handlebars and forks advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeves Griffon 380 Air filter, handlebars and forks advice.

I have recently bought a Griffon 380 from a fellow member.
    I notice there’s two air filters, one either side of the air box. Can I blank the smaller filter intake and run a foam filter on the larger side? I’m going to use the bike for scrambling.
    how do I identify the forks on the bike?
    Also, I’d like to run 7/8 bars as I’m prone to crashing and bending bars! Are there 7/8 clamps available for the top yoke?
    Many thanks
    Tom

They are Metal profile forks

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0718.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	517.4 KB
ID:	95206

Comment

Hi Tom. Check your copy of Leading Link, if you have one yet, that is. A parts list is available, illustrated apparently, for ?6 posted for a paper copy or ?3.50 for a download. It should prove invaluable to you. Don't know re 7/8" bars; use shims....? If you don't have a copy of LL yet, you can email the editor, who looks after parts lists and service notes, tell him what you want and he will sort it for you. I'll PM you his email address, as this is members-only stuff, and this is not in the members-only area of the forum.

Comment

I spoke to Dave Harper who worked in the competition shop at Greeves and he said they had tried blocking the left air intake however not enough air intake to work efficiently. He said some riders have cut through the centre of the air box and put a twin filter in place.

Comment

Thankyou for the replies!
          One more question,
          the kickstart hits the foot peg, is this right?
          Thanks
          Tom

Comment

It is right. It's an anti-theft device. The footpeg is held up by a ring that is attached to the frame. This allows the kickstart to move past the peg.

Comment

Ahh okay,
              Do you know if anyone has got around this?
              I’m just thinking it could be a pain with stop/starting in the pits and also getting going again after an off. [ A good incentive to try and stay on I suppose!)

Comment

These are the 2 types of ways of pinning the footrest out the way temporarily Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1147.jpg Views:	0 Size:	368.8 KB ID:	95295Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1145.jpg Views:	0 Size:	384.9 KB ID:	95296
                Attached Files

Comment

Excellent,
                  Thanks Tony.

Comment

Working...
                  X