Pugh's auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pugh's auction

The prices seemed very low at the auction on Saturday - except for one or two exceptions like the Grey Flash for ?42,000. An MDS went for ?900 and a Triumph "scrambler project" ?1,000 - almost a ready made Tri-Greeves....... A scruffy but complete looking scrambles DBD34 Goldie only made ?5,900.

Good news for buyer but less good for sellers.

Sign of the times Ian, apart from the so called austerity period we are supposed to be in, the main reason is the age thing, older owners falling off the perch and younger buyers only interested in bikes of there younger days, but many are not into nostalgia and so therefore the market is no longer there for the old stuff. Makes you wonder about all those dealer speals telling us that old bikes are an investment. I think for many money left in the piggy bank or a savings account may have now with interest rates rising been a better choice. The MDS @ GBP 900 was cheap & lots of bikes did not sell presumably did not meet reserve.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 02/07/2023, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Quote:- 'An MDS went for ?900 and a Triumph "scrambler project" ?1,000 - almost a ready made Tri-Greeves.' Looks like a ready made Greeves and a ready made Triumph to me! What do you do with the rest? Fit the Villiers engine in the Triumph?

Comment

... and then sell it to you?

Comment

No, you are alright Ian thanks! I have more than enough projects to keep me busy! I thought that both of them were viable projects in their own right, at reasonable prices; especially the Triumph, tbh! Although the MDS was only ?900, to source a Greeves tank and replace the knackered fork bushes would add probably ?700, without delving into the engine to see what may be lurking there. Cheaper to put right than a Triumph engine, though.

Comment

Working...
          X