Greeves on "bangers & cash"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeves on "bangers & cash"

I sometimes watch this to marvel at the prices achieved for rusty heaps. This week there was a Greeves Enduro(?) – nicely restored which went for ?3,100. Here I think:

Last edited by iansoady; 08/04/2023, 04:29 PM.

Like all these 'Reality Shows' what you see ain't what goes on. It's all stage managed and the buyer probably got 3 grand back (?????????)
    However I do know, just having restored a Silverstone, and it's not finished yet, by any means, it's cost me over 5/1/2 grand so far and I would calculate another ?1800 yet, so restoring a bike isn't cheap. My 1974 TZ250A has probably cost me 11K so far. It does have over 7K in spares but that is on top.
    I am surprised that the off road Greeves bikes go for so little for so much, when a Honda Monkey bike costs 3 K and a 3 wheeled German put-put fetches 20K.
    Last edited by tonyed27; 08/04/2023, 05:42 PM.

Comment

The bike in question was 24TJC181, the seller Alan Richardson is one of the part time staff working for Matthewson's not sure it met the reserve in the auction, but was later sold to a 'private collector' (name unknown). As Tony says in these shows you don't necessarily get the true story! It had previously been for sale as an 'ex USA Enduro' on eBay 3/19 at Sible Hedingham, as a basket case, https://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/fo...ible-hedingham 9/20 with Chris Seal, Oxted for sale ?2000. Alan Richardson presumably bought it from him.
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 08/04/2023, 06:22 PM.

Comment

I sold a Royal Enfield Crusader through Mattewson's and have discussed the sale of other bikes with Derek . one of which will be in a sale soon, 1919 Hobart if anyone interested, and I would recommend their services-they know what they are talking about and compare their charges to the big boys. Peter.

Comment

The problem is with 'reality' TV shows it is difficult to tell the 'real' ones and the stage managed scripted ones. Probably due to the American influence.
          Good to hear genuine positive feedback about B&C.
          I am always amazed how in American shows there is always an 'expert' on the subject within shouting distance.

Comment

I do find the programme somewhat samey but at least there aren't idiots shouting and gesticulating all over it. And the occasional gem does come up like the lovely Morgan in the same episode I mentioned above.

Comment

Working...
            X