Swing arm to frame spacer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swing arm to frame spacer?

Hi, I'm a newbie in the Greeves world and building myself a bike for the lanes. I have a 24TE which has stood for a decade or since being used as a "farm bike" . My question is, should there be any spacers between the swing arm and the frame? I take it the rubber bushes revolve around the spindle and the shaft stays still,..thereby wearing the frame!?? Any help would be appreciated.

No. the bushes are clamped so that the movement is within the rubber, if its moving on the spindle then bolt is not tight enough. What is the frame No of your TE? A drawing showing the spacers can be had from Gary Bamford GRA Drawings Officer garygmm@live.co.uk you need to be a paid up GRA member.
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 21/02/2023, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Hi, thanks for your help that explains a lot. The frame is numbered 291.
      I thought I had sort of joined, I thought I had paid a small fee to cover from January and was going to be a member when the new membership started? I also have an old Silverstone frame that I would like to use on the road with a Triumph 350 motor in.
      Thanks again for your help I will try to sort out my membership.

Comment

Thanks for frame number which I have on Survivors list with an owner 'Clive' in Devon presumably yourself. Check with Membership Sec Andy Barnett subs@greeves-riders.org.uk if you are a member he will upgrade you on here to a full member so you can access the Members Area. What is the frame number of Silverstone frame?

Comment

Rusty546 I have sent you a private message
          --
          Membership Secretary

Comment

Hi John, I have been in touch with Andy and it would seem I was in error thinking I have paid. Now at this time of year it seems I get a better deal! (Its an I'll wind, etc..) I can not give you the number of the Silverstone frame as I am away at the moment but I believe it has some notoriety! When I was thinking of buying it I looked on your website and there was talk of it being ruined by being welded. This was not the case as it was brazed (badly) but certainly it has been "butchered" to take a Japanese motor and part of the engine bracket is missing. This does not worry me as I am going to fit a different motor in anyway. I expect I shall be asking for help on a number of occasions over the next few months on both of these projects.
            Clive.

Comment

Thanks Clive, looks like its 25RCS111 see this thread https://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/fo...-frame-engines

Comment

Rusty. There are no separate spacers between the frame and the swinging arm on the 24TE. They are an integral part of the engine plates and the frame. Click image for larger version  Name:	24TE swinging arm pivot detail.jpg Views:	54 Size:	578.1 KB ID:	93592
                Last edited by IanCordes; 28/02/2023, 12:57 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

Hi Ian, great photo , thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X