Taxation classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taxation classic

Hi I have been trying to get my bike on the road but it is classed "Not licenced" on the V5. When I rang the DVLA they said it would have to be re- registered at a cost of ?55.00 if I want o change it to historic. I have looked at a lot of chat on the web and no one has had to pay this. Is this a case of the DVLA getting it wrong as the training is woeful, or do I have to pay it. Thanks for any advice

The DVLA have told you wrong. If the bike has a V5c (as yours appears to have) all that is required is to fill in an owner change on V5c and send it off to DVLA with no charge. If you do not have the V5c then you need to fill in form V62 https://assets.publishing.service.go...ertificate.pdf with a cheque for ?25. It will take a while for them to process it and if the bike has been off the road for some years they may require photos of the bike, or even an inspection. What is the reg number you are trying to get?
    If the V5c is in your name you can change the taxation class to HISTORIC at a Post Office that deals with motor taxation, but note this can only be done at the time of taxing.
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 27/01/2023, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Thank you John. I have a v5 with the original registration on it so it is only a taxation class change. I will go to the post office this morning and see what they say, I'll let you know how it goes

Comment

How did you get on at Post Office?

Comment

It was easy, they taxed it immediately and sent the v5 off for the taxation class change. The DVLA had no idea what they were talking about. Now I need to fit rear break cable and try it out.

Comment

Good news Peter
            Last edited by John Wakefield; 30/01/2023, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter E.M View Post
              It was easy, they taxed it immediately and sent the v5 off for the taxation class change. The DVLA had no idea what they were talking about. Now I need to fit rear break cable and try it out.
              no change there then..........they really do now seem to go out of their way to obscure the reality.........
              real shame the 'proper' local offices were shut all those years ago!!

Comment

Working...
              X