Greeves Cheetah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeves Cheetah

A friend has just contacted me to say he has purchased a Greeves Cheetah, there is no such model i tell him, well there is he says and shows me the V5. Sure enough on the V5, make Greaves Cheetah ! No i have not miss spelt Greeves that is the spelling on the V5, what is it anybody ? from the picture he showed me it looks like a 37A villiers with Greeves top end.

Can you post a pic? Looks like someone registered it as 'Greaves Cheetah' There is no such make. Presumably a standard Cheetah bike with an engine from a Greeves. Quite a few were fitted with the Greeves top end either TES or TFS/Anglain, I think it was an option to the standard iron barrel 37A. Here is one that was for sale at Bonhams in 2019 https://www.bonhams.com/auction/2538...o-be-advised/#!
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 05/08/2022, 11:22 AM.

Comment

As per the link from John, Bob Gollner built the Cheetah bikes and it was up to the owner to fit whatever engine and accessories he/she wanted. They were a good quality frame as far as I remember, but Sammy was just round the corner with the Bultaco invasion, so "fashion" dictated the market.

Comment

Working...
      X