Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winter gloves

hi general question to all
    not a greeves question so hope i dont offend people its getting cold so does anyone have advise about heated motorcycle gloves
    any recommendations they seems to range greatly in price and method of heating do they work
    ideas welcome Click image for larger version

Name:	20200502_143830.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	530.1 KB
ID:	84121

I'm not sure you will find a Greeves with sufficient electrical capacity (except maybe a Dynastart fitted bike) that will power electrically heated gloves. Anybody tried that method?

Comment

I use a Gerbing jacket which has heating elements right the way down the arms, warming the blood going to the hands. That, coupled with loose fitting lined gloves is enough to keep my fingers warm in pretty harsh winter weather and when I was working I had the best part of a two hour commute. You don't necessarily need power from the bike 'cos you can get a battery pack which slips into jacket inner. My missus bought the whole shebang for me for xmas. I got her something less impressive.

Comment

Gerbing make gloves with batteries in them, or you can run off the bike if suitable capacity. They work well and last quite a few hours if you don’t have them on maximum. I don’t ride without them in the winter as it ruins the ride having cold hands.

Comment

I always preffered heated handle grips, no messing about plugging wires into gloves that never seemed to fit very well any way. Only problem I encountered was a reluctance to take my thumb of the grip to operate the indicators or horn. One particularly cold winter I also fitted handle bar muffs but it would have to be bad to put up with them.

Comment

I don't find heated grips effective. They warm the palms of your hands, whilst fingers still get chilled by the cold air, ending up in numb white fingers, in my case. They probably work better with muffs, but they look a bit naff, don't they? I shall look into heated gloves for this winter.

Ian C.

Comment

Working...
            X