Goodbye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye

A member of long-standing has decided to leave the GRA with comments to the Facebook page that he has received poor service from the GRA for his membership fees. He did quote various problems, but when it came to attacks at the persons involved, both on the Committee and outside, it was deemed proper for those attacks to be deleted. Further unsavoury comment was seen, so the gent has been blocked from the FB page as well.

Whilst at the Bristol show in Feb.I commented to a member that releasing GRA info.on the FB forum did not seem to be the thing that ought to be happening.I received a frosty reaction. I rest my case.

Comment

I see the FB page as complimentary to the actions and ideals of the GRA. We get lots of people asking questions on FB, some we can answer easily, others need to be answered by the relevant experts. Those people who are serious about restoring or just repairing are steered toward the GRA Forums. What do you actually class as GRA info? This is not a secret society, so we will help where we can. WE can only help upto a point and that is where membership will get them further info or drawings etc.

Comment

My interpretation of GRA info.is information only available to members,

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
          A member of long-standing has decided to leave the GRA with comments to the Facebook page that he has received poor service from the GRA for his membership fees. He did quote various problems, but when it came to attacks at the persons involved, both on the Committee and outside, it was deemed proper for those attacks to be deleted. Further unsavoury comment was seen, so the gent has been blocked from the FB page as well.
          This post is in very poor taste, what ever is said & done on facebook, has absolutely nothing to do with this forum. can someone remove it!

Comment

No idea who this is of course. Don't do Facebook.. Shame he didn't try talking to a committee member about his concerns. We all do our best y'know.
            Colin Sparrow

Comment

I have a good idea. There is one member who slags everybody off on here for a pastime, if we are not able to produce what he wants immediately. May not be him of course. I have trawled through innumerable FB Greeves posts and I can't find anything, so guess his total content has been removed.

There's nowt so queer as folk......
              '
              As for.... 'what ever is said & done on facebook, has absolutely nothing to do with this forum. can someone remove it!' Of course it has, if he is slagging forum and committee members off!

Comment

The above comment is exactly why I wanted the thread removed, because i knew it would encourage derogatory comments about a long standing member who is not here to defend himself, all very sad really, but very predictable.
                Last edited by dave higgins; 02/08/2019, 09:36 PM.

Comment

So it;s OK to write derogatory comments about GRA Post Holders and another member then Mr. Higgins?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
                    So it;s OK to write derogatory comments about GRA Post Holders and another member then Mr. Higgins?
                    As the member who was 'slagged off' on Facebook (along with the GRA committee) I feel in this case that its right for Brian to highlight this in the GRA forum, as it concerns the GRA. Its very sad that this long standing and formally respected member has taken this change of direction and resorted to 'throw his toys out of the pram' over what appears a grievance with the GRA. He should of course have taken this up privately with the committee. Facebook (or any other social media web site) is not the place to air these sort of issues. Brian as the Greeves Enthusiast Facebook moderator had no choice but to act as he did and block this individual.
                    Last edited by John Wakefield; 03/08/2019, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Actually, it is not who I thought it might be! As it happens, I didn't make derogatory comments about a long-standing member either, Dave, if that is what you are saying? Anyway, let's not fall out over it, chaps, life is too short!

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post

As the member who was 'slagged off' on Facebook (along with the GRA committee) I feel in this case that its right for Brian to highlight this in the GRA forum, as it concerns the GRA. Its very sad that this long standing and formally respected member has taken this change of direction and resorted to 'throw his toys out of the pram' over what appears a grievance with the GRA. He should of course have taken this up privately with the committee. Facebook (or any other social media web site) is not the place to air these sort of issues. Brian as the Greeves Enthusiast Facebook moderator had no choice but to act as he did and block this individual.
                        Quite agree

Comment

Working...
                        X