Greeves get together and Jumble at Kidlington this coming Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeves get together and Jumble at Kidlington this coming Sunday

I expect that you are champing at the bit ready to find that part, or even a roller chassis to get to work on , well this is where you will get the best choice, places like Kempton are getting even scarcer for greeves bits, Villiers Services and Paul Powell, and several other people always have a selection of New parts , and each year new stuff turns up .

While you are here , I know for some its a long distance but if you make it here, then please as a mark of respect for all the hardworking Committee members and friends who all year work to make your Leading Link a joy to read and digest, please stay for the talk at least! if you are not concerned with the AGM then so be it and go.

I have this year got Tony Davis, and Mike Jackson, who are very busy individuals to come and talk about there days with Greeves as works and semi works sponsored riders in both Trials and Scrambles, plus we have Simon Warner with the ex works Tes that was used by several of the Greeves Riders the knowledge and information that they have is astonishing , plus all the stories and humor as well . enjoy your day and dont forget that without our Club where will Greeves be in a few years ? Dicky F

Well done Dick! As I said in Leading Link, it really is important (not to mention polite) that we have a good-sized crowd in the hall for the guest speakers. After all, as Dick says, they will provide us with an entertaining hour or so therefore there is no reason to miss it. As I also said in the magazine, we have a short 'comfort' break after the speaker but before the actual AGM BUT, it is not too short that you cannot escape the hall if you do not want to stay. So, please stay for the guest speakers but for the AGM only if you really want to! Thanks, Rob
    Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 03/04/2019, 05:26 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Looking forward to Sunday and meeting up with many other well known, and not so well known, members. Thanks to everyone for keeping the day going so successfully for so long.
      I've been given all the Leading Links that Mike Palmer collected over many years of membership until his sad passing a couple of years ago. His wife, Pearl, has passed them on to me with the express wish that they are put to good use by the club or it's members.
      There are around a hundred or so of them, commencing at No 10 and finishing at 129, some are missing but I have these documented. If the club, or anyone else would like to take them over then do please let me know or just come and see me on the day. A small fee to club funds would be appreciated for any finding new homes! Fingers crossed for a dry morning at least. See you all there!

Comment

I have a collection to dispose of that was passed to me by the widow of a long time member, number 91 thro" to 161 70 total I will have these with me Sunday if any one is interested. seek me out at Kidlington. Les Yarde.

Comment

Originally posted by ADickerson View Post
          Looking forward to Sunday and meeting up with many other well known, and not so well known, members. Thanks to everyone for keeping the day going so successfully for so long.
          I've been given all the Leading Links that Mike Palmer collected over many years of membership until his sad passing a couple of years ago. His wife, Pearl, has passed them on to me with the express wish that they are put to good use by the club or it's members.
          There are around a hundred or so of them, commencing at No 10 and finishing at 129, some are missing but I have these documented. If the club, or anyone else would like to take them over then do please let me know or just come and see me on the day. A small fee to club funds would be appreciated for any finding new homes! Fingers crossed for a dry morning at least. See you all there!
          I'm pleased to advise that a new home has now been found for all of Mike's collection, snapped up by a keen member missing those earlier numbers.

Comment

On the subject of Leading Links .......... We have quite an extensive stock of the slightly later issues. If anybody wants a quantity, I;m pretty sure we can negiate a deal and bring them to one of the shows we arttend thus avoiding the quite expensive postal charges. Just let me know if you are interested!

I'm glad that Mikes LL's have found a good home. Mike was a fine chap and his main bearing rebuilds were superb!

Comment

It was a bit cool at Kidlington on Sunday, it was a relief when the hatch door opened and a bacon roll avec coffee was purchased to thaw out!
              I couldn't stay to long as I had to go to work, but there was some stunning bikes on display, the 'modded' Scottish in particular, wow, what might/could have been.

Colin

Comment

Any pictures from yesterday

Comment

Nice to see some familiar & friendly faces at the meeting, a good turn out & a good talk from Tony Mike & Simon, well done Dicky, Rob & team!

Comment

I'll second that, Dave! A great day out and perfect opportunity to catch up with old mates (your good self included,… if you don't mind being called "old"?)
                    Well done, too, "the Committee", and thanks to Adrian for the lift.
                    Last edited by johnrunnacles; 09/04/2019, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Yeah nice to catch up john.... but old was in big supply on the day, i think gary bamford ( aka the kid ) was the youngest one there.
                      Another couple of years & we`ll all be all be fighting over the invcar parts at the jumble........

Comment

Yes a great day, nice to see such a great abundance of Greeves bikes, parts etc at the jumble, must have helped out , as its getting harder to find the good stuff, thanks for all those that attended the talk with Tony, Mike and Simon, I enjoy searching back through the past and getting these valuable riders to come and spread there history with us all thanks again Dicky

Comment

Sounds great. Any chance of having it a bit further north in future years?
                          Ian Wilkinson '61 Scottish 24TD118

Comment

Oxford is quite central, as I am near Exeter further North would be worse. Never going to please everyone, American Greeves Day is even further

Comment

Working...
                            X