Reg Everett RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reg Everett RIP

It is my sad duty to report that Reg Everett died at home in Galleywood near Chelmsford on Sunday 4th November. He had been suffering illness on and off for a number of years.

It was Reg who, with help from Bob Mills, put together a special comprising basically a Greeves roadster frame and an MCS engine to race in 250cc events.

This bike, which he raced in 1962, proved successful and was the inspiration - prototype even - for the 24RAS Silverstone which launched Greeves involvement in road racing.

Reg's last race on a Greeves was when he took the works hack RAS to eighth place in the 1964 Lightweight TT.

His subsequent racing career was primarily on Yamahas.

The funeral will be at 2.00pm on Thursday 29th November at St Michael and All Angels Church, Galleywood Common, CM2 8TP.
    Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 13/11/2018, 11:08 AM.
    Colin Sparrow

That is indeed sad news, Colin. As you say, without him, the Greeves Silverstone may never have come about. A great rider, character, and a sad loss. My condolences go out to his family and friends.

RIP

Comment

So sorry to hear that. If you haven't read his book "From Rocker to Racer" it is a very good read and a fitting memorial to him.
      Last edited by 46T Sprocket; 13/11/2018, 06:14 PM.

Comment

i first met reg when he came in as co rider on my maserati 50 in a 250 mile enduro in 1963 ,this was at snetterton, the bike was set up for me and somehow reg managed to fit himself on , great days

Comment

Working...
        X