Front Mudguard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Mudguard

A lot of the roadster Greeves rather than the high position loop on the forks had their front mudguards mounted on the rear link loop and then at the front with a stay terminating on the front link what I cannot see clearly is if the front stay uses the front spindle or uses a separate hole in the link positioned a little above the spindle nut.( Its no good trying to find a Greeves near me :-) I will also have to source a suitable stay. While I am intending the bike for long distance trials so long as the mudguard radius is at its closest at the rear link I dont think mud will be a problem but a high level guard will certainly obscure the headlight and seeing the near ground is essential when a lot of the sections are at night.

The stays use the wheel spindle as a fixing point. (see pic) The club has the drawings (contact Rob Thornton 'Rob' on here, Parkwood Products http://www.parkwoodproducts.co.uk/ can make them of you cant do it yourself
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Tim. What model Greeves do you have? The roadster stay will not fit a trials model because of the different wheel sizes. If you have the headlight focussed so close to the front wheel, it won't be any good for the rest of the riding; tracks, roads etc. Maybe you should have a strap-on head torch.... Click image for larger version

Name:	Ring head torch.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	72704

Comment

I am going to fit a 21" alloy mudguard with my own stays and the rear loop next to the tyre with closest point at the bottom I did Marshall at the last Lands End in the pouring rain as my Beta Alp let me down I did see a lot of riders with head torches something you dont notice when competing I suppose when your out in front its a bit lonely (I wish:-))

Comment

Perhaps you could investigate the small LED lamps that can be handlebar mounted and aimed at the near ground. Some of the bicycle lamps are very powerful and one set of batteries or one charge should last most of the time you would be in the sections.

Comment

Like this one salvaged from a vandalised OFO bike https://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/fo...-running-light

Comment

Adrian Dickerson makes the roadster front mudguard support and a very good job 2 details in the leading link

Comment

Working...
              X