Alloy tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alloy tank

I am finally restarting the build of my Triumph Greeves in a 59 Hawkstone frame I am a great MCC trials enthusiast and I dont think the standard Hawkstone alloy tank has enough capacity for all night in Devon and Cornwall so I would like to find something bigger but in keeping . ideas and offers welcome

The 1959 Hawkstone had a (1 3/4 gallon I think) STEEL tank not alloy. It should be possible to fit a roadster 2 1/2 gallon tank on for long distance trials
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 11/11/2018, 11:34 AM.

Comment

My Grumph has this tank on it, although I have thought about a bigger tank that I have. What part of Devon are you in? I am near Crediton.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I am a long way from Devon in Bedfordshire my reference to Devon was the Lands End Trial that I want.
        What tank is that? I have seen references to a Triumph Trailblazer tank and a G2 Matchless tank (a bit heavy)

Comment

WoW! Result sourced a roadster Greeves tank thats one big problem solved!

Comment

1962 AJS / Matchless - Check it out on the link

Comment

You may find you need to add lockstops if you are using a trials frame/forks as forks will hit tank. I drilled and tapped 1/4 bsf on the forks the same as roadster forks to get over the problem. Just thought you need to check before painting!

Comment

Good point about the lock-stops, John. Ideally, an ISDT tank would be the answer. I have no doubt Greeves factored that in to the shape of the tank. Hard to find though these days, no doubt.

Comment

Thanks for the pointers

Comment

Originally posted by IanCordes View Post
                    Good point about the lock-stops, John. Ideally, an ISDT tank would be the answer. I have no doubt Greeves factored that in to the shape of the tank. Hard to find though these days, no doubt.
                    Here is pic of one of the LHK 1958 ISDT bikes, there does not look any dents in tank to clear the forks, so must have had suitable lock stops.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X