New Greeves Official Launch 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Greeves Official Launch 2010

Congratulations to Richard Deal & co for the official launch of the new Greeves trials model.

Not every Greeves purists dream perhaps but at least the name is back in the news again.

Now, I wonder if there is £6600 of loose change down the back of the sofa...

How many has he built? Launching is one thing, building them & selling them is another!!!

Comment

New Greeves Launch.

I was chatting with Dicky F on the phone a few days ago, and amongst other things he mentioned that he and Rob had been invited to attend the launch. I don't know if they were able to make it or not in the end, but it'd interesting to hear more about the event and new developments etc.

Brian.

Comment

New Greeves Launch

The new Greeves is going to be a bit like Marmite........

I remain a sceptic when it comes to new products from Greeves Motorcycles Ltd. The proof of the pudding will be when/if they appear in the results sheets of a UK national grade trial.

I looked down the back of the sofa and found £1.25 so not much for Mick Metcalfe's fund. £6,600 is a lot to pay for a trials machine. However it doesn't seem a great deal when you look a the price of a new Dot or other CNC replica Pre-65 bike.

It should be remembered that 10 years ago around 20 replica Anglians were sold and they weren't cheap. Especially when the quality of the product was well below par. Wheel bearings that lasted one trial and poorly machined engine components did not help.

I remain sceptical. Yes there are cheaper and more proven bikes in the market place. Gas Gas among others support their trials team with road and trail bike production. Not unlike Greeves in it's heyday.

Phil:
        Last edited by Phil Hyde; 18/09/2010, 09:21 PM. Reason: Too much marmite

Comment

The Gas Gas TXT280 PRO is much cheaper, and proven at £4617.59
          Last edited by John Wakefield; 17/09/2010, 07:22 PM. Reason: Link added

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Hyde View Post
            The new Greeves is going to be a bit like Marmite........Phil:
            Nice avatar Phil! Have you tried the new 'limited edition' variety...?!!! (See attached pic.) It's yummy!!!

Yes, it'll be interesting to see how things develop with the Greeves 280Ti, and I've read that a 125cc engine is in the process of being developed as well..!

Brian.
            Attached Files

Comment

New Greeves

A 125 is probably where Greeves Motor Cycles Ltd should have started. Concentrating on volume clubman sales with a quality well engineered bike. The 250+ engine size market is highly competetive with only a small number of riders out there with the ability to tame let alone hang on!!

Perhaps the new 280Ti will end up like the Marmite, a limited edition.

I would have thought this new bike would have attracted more attention amongst the Greeves community.

Phil

Comment

Dangerous Dick and I were at the launch! More details to follow as I'm just making some Morland Tomato Soup! Cheers, Rob

Comment

Greeves Lunch!

Rob!!!

Howdy stranger!

That soup wouldn't be 'Moorland Red' by any chance would it....?! (Aaaaarrrgghhh etc!) Just make sure that you darken it down a bit with some Marmite! Besides...I thought that you'd used up the last of the 'samples' in the curry!

Look forward to hearing a bit more about the launch (lunch?!) in due course.

PTE Twanger.

Comment

Comprehensive programme listed in the invititation.

Lunch conspicuous by its absence.

I didn't go...
                    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Greeves Launch Story in MCN.

Just received my weekly MCN newsletter email and there's a story on the new Greeves launch. Full write up in this week's edition.

Here's a link to the item;

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne...21sep2010%20(1)

Brian.
                      Last edited by Brian Thompson; 21/09/2010, 06:28 PM. Reason: Link added.

Comment

New Greeves Launch

I might just be tempted to buy this weeks MCN. Can't believe that Lord EMAP would have despatched a scribe all the way to Miller Towers without the sniff of a free lunch.......

On the other hand the words were probably a press release. Just popping to the newsagents.

Phil

Comment

Greeves Trials Launch

Tomorrow's TMX has just arrived with a two page write up on the New Greeves. Some good photos and a reasonably balanced text save for references to Richard Deal as Mr Greeves.

Phil

Comment

The news that the much more technically advanced Ossa is going to be at least £1000 cheaper than the new Greeves seems to almost certainly trip the new British project up at the first step. You also need to consider that a fully developed 2011 Sherco is 'only' £4500...

While I wish Mr Deal every success with the new venture, it seems that a massive value engineering programme is required to at least give it a fighting chance in a competitive market.

Comment

Working...
                            X