S25 Carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S25 Carbs

I have S25 carbs on both my TES and TFS, but am somewhat confused the TFS is marked on the body as S25 and another number next to it, but the TES body has no markings on it at all though it is a S25, I took it to pieces on the workbench on clean paper as it was blocked , on reassembly i thought that the spring or clip that holds the needle in position had got lost? so ask Rob as i had lost my villiers book, he assured me that it did not have one, after finding my old book that had been filed in the wrong box all was explained i think!?, the float is the black neoprene type and the needle just sits on it with no spring or clip, was this common for these carbs as all others i have had were secured in some way, has anyone else been confused when working on a similar carb

Yes standard on the S25, needle sits directly on the float, which originally was a brass one. The plastic ones are a later replacement, they could melt with ethanol

Comment

Thanks John, age confusion strikes again

Comment

S25 Carbs

Just to clear up any confusion, the float needle bears directly on the top of the float (there is a pad soldered on brass floats and a round area on the plastic float) The needle is the long competition one.
        The ROAD S25 carb has a forked lever retained by a pin and uses the short needle. Now Dick that may answer your question.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pattinson View Post
          Just to clear up any confusion, the float needle bears directly on the top of the float (there is a pad soldered on brass floats and a round area on the plastic float) The needle is the long competition one.
          The ROAD S25 carb has a forked lever retained by a pin and uses the short needle. Now Dick that may answer your question.
          The carb on my 25DC (S25/7 with throttle stop) has the straight needle, and the Villiers 4T engine manual shows the straight needle arrangement. So presumably all the later carbs did not have the forked lever, I also have 2 other carbs an S25/6 and a S25/- neither with the lever arrangement
          Last edited by John Wakefield; 07/09/2018, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Thanks to you both for your useful comments, problem solved don't know why it took me 58 years to realize that !!

Comment

I took the fork out and put the longer needle, in my S25.

whitehillbilly

Comment

Working...
              X