1966 Anglian back into service.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1966 Anglian back into service.

The 1966 Anglian enjoyed its first day out /trial for many years. Few teething problems but all sorted now. Loved the ride and very diffrent to my Anglian with the Ceriani forks. Check out the rider number it matches the bike. Love it. 👍
    Attached Files
    One Life Live it

Kenneth has also posted on Facebook and I asked him to compare the 2 different fork actions. He replied that the Bananas were smooth and controlled on compression which made them easier to steer. I only rode a similar bike for a few minutes a long time ago, but that comment rings true in my mind as well. Any comments on the subject?

Comment

Seems like horses for courses in some ways, if you live where there are rocky sections ie up north, teles are a better option in my view, they can be hopped up and down with a much more confident feel! also if you get a Clerk of the course who enjoys putting in tree trunks ? they will float over much easier, i battle on with Bananas ,and various gas shocks, and adjustments, but the Leading Links on my TFS i think steer even better.

Looking at a lot of Greeves today in trials, they have all sorts of variations, in fact modern pogo stick forks are used now without organizers batting an eyelid

you pay your money and try out what you like

Comment

Originally posted by Dick F View Post
        Seems like horses for courses in some ways, if you live where there are rocky sections ie up north, teles are a better option in my view, they can be hopped up and down with a much more confident feel! also if you get a Clerk of the course who enjoys putting in tree trunks ? they will float over much easier, i battle on with Bananas ,and various gas shocks, and adjustments, but the Leading Links on my TFS i think steer even better.

Looking at a lot of Greeves today in trials, they have all sorts of variations, in fact modern pogo stick forks are used now without organizers batting an eyelid

you pay your money and try out what you like
        Spot on Dick, I also agree with your sentiments ref what constitutes a Pre 70 bike. I am also lucky enough to have an Anglian with the tele forks. Ken.
        One Life Live it

Comment

Nice one Ken, enjoy what you have and leave it at that, the good old days have passed away unfortunately , but as long as some clubs keep us oldies remembered we can still enjoy a good days riding without ending up in A and E ,
          big grin mate Dicky

Comment

Working...
          X