Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2T Mixture

Hi all
    Can anyone advise me why a 2T needs a mixture of 25 - 1 when all the two stroke trials riders I know are running 32A Villiers and Bantams on 50- 1 without any problems (modern fully synthetic of course)
    All advise gratefully received Thanks

This question has been asked many times, simple answer is that mineral oil needs to be used at the higher ratio, synthetic oils are aimed at modern engines many with separate pumped oiling systems. Its only strimmers, hedgetrimmers chainsaws and leaf blowers that use pre mix these days.
    Many riders particularly comp riders have used synthetic oils successfully in Villiers engines. The choice is yours, just use the quantities recommended on the bottle. Personally I stick to the mineral oil with a bit of smoke.
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 10/07/2018, 07:56 PM.

Comment

2T mixture

Having travelled thousands of miles over the last twenty odd years on my 25DC, I have only used semi synthetic @ 30 to 1. Never had any failures and only a wisp of sweet smelling smoke.

Comment

That sounds about right Les, i use a ratio of 40-1 in the Anglian on Putoline semi synthetic, but for long distance road events 30-1 i have used when pulling the same low gear ratios are you and Carol free for Popham this year? cheers Dicky

Comment

Working...
        X