Griffon gearbox oil.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griffon gearbox oil.

Hi,recommendations for a good brand and type from you experts.............starider

Originally posted by Phil Hyde
    Starider - I would recommend Automatic Transmission fluid everytime. Villiers, Griffon and Triumph no matter what. As for brand, the standard is pretty worldwide.

You could of course, stick with Greeves recommend.
    ATF for gearbox Phil surely you mean primary chain case. ATF is far too low in viscosity for a gear box and will leak out. Best to stick with the recommended grade of oil.

Comment

Thanks for the interest,but with respect you haven't answered my request. Greeves recommend an oil which as far as I can find is obsolete, so all I need to know is a recommended brand and viscosity. Many thanks..........starider

Comment

Dave H

Greeves originally used Shell super H in the gearbox, and Vitrea 27 in the clutch. For the last 46 years i have used Hypoid 80/90,in the gearbox, Greeves used this in the last of the Griffons, and for the clutch I use SAE 10/15 without any problems, hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks!

Brilliant,thanks Dave, I have both in "stock"......................starider

Comment

Working...
          X