Help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please!

Hi, can someone help please? I've at last got time to sort out the extremely heavy clutch action on my Griffon 56. I have read all the posts on these forums and thought I had it sussed, I removed the gear lever/cover etc.,and removed the lever for modification,and decided to check the clutch adjuster and rods.The adjuster had a counter bore on the rod end, according to the parts list there should then have been a roller[missing but counter bore does not seem a big enough dia.],then a rod,two rollers [parts list says three] and another rod.I read in a post that someone else only had two rollers,has someone the definitive answers please. Also if I need extra rollers are they available? Many thanks............starider

Never mind!

Hi, thanks for looking at this post. I now realise no one has a definitive answer, so will try and sort myself by using logic and experimenting.Thanks again for reading this post............starider

Comment

Clutch rollers

The Griffon should have 3 rollers, each 6mm dia x 6mm long.
      The roller in the adjuster screw is 3/16" x 3/16" long and should be a push fit in the screw.

Druid

Comment

Thanks DRUID, I have already made new silver steel rods and 3 centre rollers[and hardened the ends]. Interesting ref. adjuster roller,the counter bore is just over 1/4" deep. I assume the hardened roller is to protect the adjuster end face,so will make a roller that protrudes approx. 1/8". Does that seem OK?...............starider

Comment

Working...
        X