Anglian Cranks seal replacement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anglian Cranks seal replacement.

Found this on You Tube today. Might be helpful to some members.
    Crank Seal replacement on and Anglian.

One Life Live it

He spent a long time showing us how he unscrewed the chaincase drain plug....

Despite the name of the video, we never saw him remove one seal, or replace one..... or the timing outer cover, or the flywheel, or the inner cover.

He placed the clutch items on his tarmac drive, with rag under only some parts, and picked up the clutch hub directly off the tarmac, and without even checking it for any grit or detritus it may have picked up, offered it straight up into position. I could go on......

No siree, I wouldn't follow that guy's example!

Comment

Originally posted by IanCordes View Post
      He spent a long time showing us how he unscrewed the chaincase drain plug....

Despite the name of the video, we never saw him remove one seal, or replace one..... or the timing outer cover, or the flywheel, or the inner cover.

He placed the clutch items on his tarmac drive, with rag under only some parts, and picked up the clutch hub directly off the tarmac, and without even checking it for any grit or detritus it may have picked up, offered it straight up into position. I could go on......

No siree, I wouldn't follow that guy's example!
      Ian you are more than likely correct, but take from the video what fits. If anything it shows those of us who did not know the general idea of what is required to change a seal. Ken.
      One Life Live it

Comment

It shows you that you must remove the drive side and timing side Ken, no more. You would be much better off with a Villiers manual and parts book from VS.

Comment

Working...
        X