Fascinating Joel Robert short film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fascinating Joel Robert short film

Great YouTube story of Joel Robert .... And I had a double take having always thought f him with Suzuki when he burst on the scene in 1963 with what he calls his first proper motocross bike ..... A British Greeves..competing his first year on the international Grand Prix circuit
    After that great success and career peak he did some other minor stuff on Suzukis 😂

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Au?erdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

Enjoy

Great post kim, joel was/is a legend, almost as quick as Craig Mc`corsett, they say.........

Comment

Joel Robert.

What a great find Kim! I really enjoyed watching that.

I had the pleasure of meeting him in 2009 at the Telford Off Road Show. It was later in the afternoon when the crowds had thinned out and he was just walking around on his own admiring the bikes like any enthusiast would. We had a brief chat and he was a total gentleman and so down to earth and 'normal'. What you see is what you get with Mr Robert. How many legends can you truly say that of...but that's why he IS a legend, isn't it. I think that really comes across in the film, and he was just as I remembered him from that brilliant day.

Also nice to see one of my fave US riders from back in the day, Bob Hannah, commenting in the film.

Cracking stuff Kim, thanks for sharing it with us on here.

Brian.
      Last edited by Brian Thompson; 25/10/2016, 09:32 PM. Reason: Additional words.

Comment

Thanks Brian and Dave agree a true legend talent and gentleman .... As a kid I saw him race bizarrly at Midlands race at bar beacon (only about 2 miles from my house )It was 1970 and on a Suzuki ... He destroyed the field ... I can only assume he was using it as a warm up before British mx Grand Prix but it had to be him it was yellow a Suzuki and 1970 cos on way home we listened to England crashing out to Germany 3:2 in World Cup on the radio (so 14th June 1970) probably one of the best day outs we had with Dad ....
        So I did a bit of research and 1970 the 250 British mx Grand Prix was Sunday the 28th June .... 2weeks later Won by a certain Joel Robert : weeks after Bar Beacon
        Happy Days !
        Ps Roger DeCorsett !! I spat out my dinner LOL

Comment

DeCorset is officially in the huff.

Comment

Very cool! All around good guy

Comment

Working...
            X