Cycle speedos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cycle speedos

Bought & fitted one of the cheapo Halford cycle speedos today http://www.halfords.com/cycling/cycl...cycle-computer
    For some time I have noted that the Smiths speedo on my East Coaster appears to be reading fast, and indeed it is by some 10mph. always good to have an accurate reading with the many speed cameras about these days.
    The Halfords job at £5 is a basic cycle 'computer' giving speed, distance, & time'
    straight forward to fit and calibrate. The sensor fits neatly on the front brake torque arm (with cable ties supplied), which gives the correct gap (5mm) with the magnet fitted to a spoke, just needed to file that out a bit to fit the larger diameter spokes. The mileage trip is useful as that can be reset at beginning of each trip. The actual head can be removed to avoid theft. In all a neat little gadget that can be removed easily from the bike.

Yes, I had one fitted to my Honda to check the speedo.....it was as near as makes no difference. Now I can do similar with the Satnav, and she tells me all sorts of useful? information!

Comment

Cycle speedo

I have a Halfords one on my 25DC as I thought (correctly) that the bike's speedo read too fast.
      Another couple of advantages are that you can set it to cycle through time of day, mileage and trip mileage.
      One more plus is that my route map roller thing covers the bikes speedo when clipped to the handlebars.

Comment

Working...
      X