No announcement yet.

Possible sale of 5 bikes...in France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting that a Frenchman has managed to find and buy a hoard of Greeves in the UK, they must have been advertised somewhere.

Comment

Jo has announced a delay in this deal until the end of October. I have no further details at present. Quote from Jo:
      Thank you, for the seller, the bikes of his childhood (18 years) now 84 years old, still in the house with the memories, it's hard for him, to see them leave!!!!!!!!!!!!..............
      Last edited by Brian Catt; 09/08/2016, 06:37 PM.

Comment

No dis-respect to Jo, but I feel (as does probably the elderly owner) that these bikes should remain in the UK.

Comment

No disrespect to you, but why do you think they are in the UK? If they are, why does the reluctant vendor wish to deal with a Frenchman instead of a local person? There are too many people making assumptions here.....

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
            No disrespect to you, but why do you think they are in the UK? If they are, why does the reluctant vendor wish to deal with a Frenchman instead of a local person? There are too many people making assumptions here.....
            As already stated items in the pic (CPL anthracite bag & UK 13amp socket on wall). Also the number plate on one on the bikes appears to have British style number. All suggest a UK location.
            Also this post from Dick Faggeter
            i have been informed about these bikes 2 weeks ago there is also a Triumph as well? but was told they are in the west country !!
            Last edited by John Wakefield; 09/08/2016, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X