Nice ride out on Greeves today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice ride out on Greeves today

Went for a ride around Suffolk today on my East Coaster via Haverhill, Clare, Long Melford, Sicklesmere & back. Couple of pics taken on route at Cavendish
    Attached Files

Looks idylic John, nice pics.

Comment

Thanks John you have confirmed where to fit the centre stand spring picture one.
      Cheers
      Merlin

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
        Went for a ride around Suffolk today on my East Coaster via Haverhill, Clare, Long Melford, Sicklesmere & back. Couple of pics taken on route at Cavendish
        Nice John!

Someday I would like to visit, look up my family roots and take a ride on a Greeves road bike!

Kenny Sykes

Comment

bike riding

well done John at least you know bikes are for ,rideing ,not like me this year just sitting in the garage:

Comment

The East Coaster was supposed to have been an Export model to the USA, hence the high rise bars. Dont think it took off as you guys liked the more beefy Triumph's & BSA's. Maybe if Bert Greeves had pursued with a TriGreeves in Trail form it may have been a better bet.
            The Suffolk lanes are an ideal stomping ground for the Greeves roadsters, 50 mph crusing & plenty of bend swinging.

Comment

The East Coaster was supposed to have been an Export model to the USA, hence the high rise bars. Dont think it took off as you guys liked the more beefy Triumph's & BSA's. Maybe if Bert Greeves had pursued with a TriGreeves in Trail form it may have been a better bet.
              The Suffolk lanes are an ideal stomping ground for the Greeves roadsters, 50 mph crusing & plenty of bend swinging.
              John,

I still need to look up Kathy's road bike number for you. It's in storage for now...same as yours but in blue with the high rise bars.

I have a 61 (?) 25DC with the 2T, but needs a major restoration.

So many projects and little time!

Kenny

Comment

Yeah, nice place Suffolk!
                Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by MALCOLM POWLEY View Post
                  well done John at least you know bikes are for ,rideing ,not like me this year just sitting in the garage:
                  Couldn't agree more Malcolm! Isn't it great to see a Greeves out on the roads being enjoyed, and in such a lovely location.

The trials gearing on my TCS makes for an 'interesting experience' on modern roads on the occasions when I've ventured out on it. Mind you, a bit of extra oil in the tank makes for a good smokescreen to keep all the nutters at bay...!

Brian.

Comment

Simply BEAUTIFUL!

Beautiful bike and scenery!
                    I am soo glad you are able to ride and enjoy such a beauty!
                    Dave and I have been thinking of looking for an East Coaster to restore...we moved here from AZ, the west coast.

Very nice all around!

Thanks for sharing the pictures and the ride!
                    Tammy

Comment

Working...
                    X