Chrome wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome wheels

Looking around for front and rear rims which I shall fit, Central Wheel and Devon Rims seem to be the main suppliers - would like comments on which members favour or any other suppliers they have used - both the above seem to be reputable - comments please.

I use stainless steel rims made by Devon rims, excellent, looks like chrome and are not damaged by salt etc. I get them laced by Doug Richadson, busy however it is worth the wait.

Comment

wheels

Thanks Tony waiting for a quote for two rims from Devon I will build up the wheels so its all down to cost of rims, will see how stainless compares with chrome steel as I want to restore as near to original as possible.

Comment

None of them will be near to original as they do not have Dunlop stamped on them. Devon stainless will be perfect forever, we'll certainly longer than you need, chrome will need maintenance, false economy in my option 😀

Comment

chrome rims

Hi,
          Recently had a front wheel rebuilt by Doug Richardson using a stainless rim. Rim was a similar price to chrome, but looks the same and in my opinion few folks would be able to tell the difference[ I couldn't ].
          It will be impossible to obtain anything like original, so I personally would go along the stainless route.
          Even the rims classed as of British manufacture are not of original quality and I have heard horror stories of new rims rusting badly after very short periods of time.
          I had a chat to my local chrome plater recently about chroming wheel rims, who commented that his advice would be not to touch any modern day chromed rims because modern chroming techniques are not a thorough as in years gone by! starider

Comment

Thanks I agree with you - have put an order in with Central - regards Eddie

Comment

Working...
            X