A bit of a find....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scrap

well, it's a pile of 'scrap' i'd dearly love to own. i could spend the rest of my days in the shed, & her indoors would have to go to tesco herself, instead of sending me!

Comment

That's told me! I was judging by the pictures and could see few wheels or engines or other such essential parts, so clearly they don't tell the whole story. Still a bit of a nightmare though.

Perhaps there's a lot of fun to be had sorting out minor details like fasteners, swing arm spindles etc. Maybe they're all in a box somewhere...
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
        That's told me! I was judging by the pictures and could see few wheels or engines or other such essential parts, so clearly they don't tell the whole story. Still a bit of a nightmare though.

Perhaps there's a lot of fun to be had sorting out minor details like fasteners, swing arm spindles etc. Maybe they're all in a box somewhere...
        Probably next to the rivots.........

Comment

Well, that explains why there is never many Greeves parts at Telford, Stafford or Kempton. It is all on the East coast!

Has anybody told Andrew K about this little lot? It would be a good way of obtaining the parts he needs for his MDS and a few little extras besides! He could also re-stock his depleted stores!

Also, I don't think this little haul is on the same 'condition' scale as the Broughs at Stafford and look what that lot made! No, this treasure trove is certainly not scrap. There is every chance a lot of it has been in a time-warp and is in very good condition.

A lot of today's autojumble is the residue from re-builds, discarded as better items have been found and then sold on. I have found what appear to be complete engines offered for sale that are in reality just a pile of left-over parts loosely assembled. That is real scrap!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
            Has anybody told Andrew K about this little lot?
            Have just emailed AK Rob

Comment

Barrel and head

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
              Even more characters
              Hi Brian, would there by chance be a barrel and head I could use to convert my 1962 TES from cast barrel to alloy, but keeping in period. I understand that alloy barrel conversions were quite popular in the day. Cheers Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Smith View Post
                Hi Brian, would there by chance be a barrel and head I could use to convert my 1962 TES from cast barrel to alloy, but keeping in period. I understand that alloy barrel conversions were quite popular in the day. Cheers Dave
                The guy selling this stuff (as in my previous post on this thread) is Andrew Kempton give him a ring on 01493 285467 or 07876 161832 or email adyuk@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                X