Mortimer 100 miler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortimer 100 miler

Just a quick report, i am relying on Kim to fill in result details here as i am not sure of the overall placings and all the riders, but it was a good weekend The Captain Mainwaring (Rob) and myself set up camp on Friday afternoon, and were in the middle of a Greeves Fortification surrounded on 3 sides with vans and caravans of Members and some new members as well , i scoured the pits and persuaded 4 new riders to join and 2 old members to renew as well, if i had had more time i would have tried again yesterday but we were involved in the team race saturday , and we had some members helping out as well, i am sure Rob will be giving a report on this and photos as well to show the ups and downs of riding and the pit frolics , (3 hours to start a BBQ??) etc, nice to see Mike Norris , our Vice Chairman walking around, and now back to health again and soon will be helping out with the Club duties once more.

A very hot and sticky day, and not made any easier for riders who were unfortunate enough to have to start there race after the water bowser had been let loose and turned corners into skating rinks !!,

Nice weekend for all , and lets get the The Club Regalia, and representation too other events as well as just not shows , cheers Dicky

Proud to be part of the Team 4 effort on Saturday. We didn't have the best of luck with Ian Cox taking a knock to his foot in practice and Dave Higgins having an off during the race. Luckily both recovered enough to race on and we got all 4 bikes to the finish with no mechanical problems.
    Pic 1, Kim Morley, 2, Dave Higgins, 3, Craig McCoo, 4, Ian Cox.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian Catt; 09/05/2016, 02:24 PM.

Comment

I`d like to thank everybody, the team, brian catt, dick, rob, jack & every one else for helping make a great w/end, hope you all enjoyed yourselfs, great to see so many other members there to, adrian etc.
      But the highlight for me was watching Rob down on all fours, with a dog poo bag strapped to his face, both handles handles over the ears, with the front protruding, looking something like a duck billed platipuss.
      All this to try & ressusatate a sausage that was being threatened with a luke warm ember, that was calling itself a barbaque.......shortly before he tried to torch himself & the surrounding area by accidently igniting the bbq packaging...it was all to much......

Comment

Results seen on another medium....
        1st, Team 17, Hos Plant, mere striplings with a total age of 169 years.....73 laps
        15th, Team 4, Greeves and Mortimer, 216 years...61 laps.
        19th, Team 9 Hawkstone HREOE....strangly enough, also 216 years, 58 laps.

Comment

Now look here Mr Higgins, I am the GRA CHAIRMAN and a very serious person to boot.

I was performing an essential task to promote the well-being of GRA riders.

If you read the latest Health & Safety rules for scrambles thoroughly (and I insist all members that cannot already quote chapter and verse do so without delay) you will see that the use of protective equipment is mandatory.

The fact that I appeared to dance around spreading burning petrol up my leg and the surrounding area was merely intended as an example of what could go wrong if you stupidly ignored the Health and Safety rules.

I trust that that clarifies matters.

Comment

At least Dicky didn't leave the gas on this time....!

Yes....but what happened to the sausage in the end....?

.....and I wanna see the duck billed platipuss....

Brian.

Comment

I can only add to the thanks Rob Dick Jack and Brian sterling work. Rob for his Higgo hunting , Craig for the Whisky and the tools Ian for the BBQ . And all for the banter and comraderie . Our pits were resplendent with Greeves Banners and the Hospitslity suite did s cracking job . We put in some good times and had were on pace for a top ten at times . 15th is a very creditable result . Hope Ian's ankle gets better soon . Here are our best lap times . fastest lap Kim Morley 2:24 minutes . slowest lap Higgo 10:15 minutes ... Seriously second fastest rider Coxy with 2:33.0 then Higgo with 2:33.3 then Craig with 2:35.8 .... Craig for a first time at Mortimer that is a fast lap mate ! I will drop a note on the Sunday Greeves championship races soon

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
                Results seen on another medium....
                1st, Team 17, Hos Plant, mere striplings with a total age of 169 years.....73 laps
                15th, Team 4, Greeves and Mortimer, 216 years...61 laps.
                19th, Team 9 Hawkstone HREOE....strangly enough, also 216 years, 58 laps.
                Have to say! & hold my hand up, we would have had 4 more laps if i had not tried to reel in all of the roping with my back wheel.
                It took about 6 mins & 2 marshalls to help free it, i did complete the next 2 sessions with a heavy misfire, which i now know was the woodruft key shearing on the flywheel, probably caused by the abrupt stop of the motor when i hit the ropes.
                Still, a few beers & Robs health & safety display soon put things right, well done to kim for putting in the fastest lap & went on to have some excellent rides on the sunday, craig also had some good rides & proved that you can, if you try hard enough, ride through pallet & tyre walls........
                Agreat w/end, as i m sure the oncoming photo`s will show..........

Comment

Well done team Greeves and Mortimer for your achievements on Saturday. Thanks for posting the results and for enjoyable tales from the pits/hospitality suite .
                  I hope Ian's ankle heals quickly, it didn't look a pretty site on Sunday morning so we wish him a speedy recovery.
                  All four of you were going well as I seem to remember each of coming past at some point over the weekend . By the way thanks for giving me plenty of room when doing so .
                  We were more fortunate than yourselves in that none of us sustained any injuries. We did however lose two machines in the first round and found ourselves 22nd at the halfway stage . Fortunately the two remaining bikes, Tom's Griffon and my Hawkstone saw us home. Have to thank our pit crew for being so efficient, Greta and Margaret on bibs, Evan and Pete being catcher and transponder transfer. Often the transponder was fixed in place on the waiting machine just before rider arrived.
                  A great weekend, really enjoyed it. I'm sure Kim will add further detail, especially on the Track watering regime .

Comment

Good news Higgo - a woodruff key considerably cheaper than a new ignition !! we could hear the misfire - that definitely slowed you down.

Well done as well Adrian - for keeping going with 2 bikes out of 4 running !!

Adrian is referring to the over zealousness of Billy the Bowser ....After a good dry practice for the 100 miler Billy slipped out from his pen for a spot of secret watering - and for resons best known to himself decided to water the end of the bottom straight and the 180 deg bend. So I got Greeves and Mortimer into a good early position into 5th place at the end of the straight - hit the slop into the bend and went down I look up and Adrian is skating past me with a grin on his face - no harm done

Comment

Roger De Coster's fat cousin would like to thank everyone involved for a fantastic weekend of racing, drinking, and BBQ building / lighting master class by Rob the blow jobber.
                      2.35 lap time on a 250cc bike including serious styling and playing to the spectators (fans) is a good time which could have been better if I had stopped falling on my arse.

The only downside to the weekend was that i had to disguise myself by taking my race jersey off when walking around the track so that I was not constantly stopped to sign autographs.

Pm me for signed photo.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Drinking!........i did not realise that was going on!.....

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
                          Drinking!........i did not realise that was going on!.....
                          We did a lot of drinking when you had to go to your Cub scouts class to learn about untying knots in blue rope.

Comment

Obviously taking over the mantle in ropery from Kim. Must be something about these Griffs that attract them to rope winding!

Comment

Originally posted by griffon380 View Post
                              We did a lot of drinking when you had to go to your Cub scouts class to learn about untying knots in blue rope.
                              Ohh! you bitch!............u`v changed craig......
                              Pic taken before the rope trick.....
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by dave higgins; 10/05/2016, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X