General Secretary GRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Secretary GRA

Those of you at the AGM will know that our Staunch General Secretary of many years has now retired , and after his enthusiasm for all this time , Mike Eady deserved it

Rob, and the other Committee members , will try and share this position as stop gap facility, but what we require is someone to carry out this roll soon!!.

This can all be done from home , and just the quarterly meetings to attend at Kidlington, i am sure there are many retired people out there in the club who may have even done this job before , or been on club committees as well, everything will be explained to make it easy to understand.

Do not forget it is your club! and lets help in spreading the load a bit. Thanks Dicky Faggetter

Wanted Dead or Alive

those of you at the AGM will know that our Staunch General Secretary of many years has now retired , and after his enthusiasm for all this time , Mike Eady deserved it

Rob, and the other Committee members , will try and share this position as stop gap facility, but what we require is someone to carry out this roll soon!!.

This can all be done from home , and just the quarterly meetings to attend at Kidlington, i am sure there are many retired people out there in the club who may have even done this job before , or been on club committees as well, everything will be explained to make it easy to understand.

Do not forget it is your club! and lets help in spreading the load a bit. Thanks Dicky Faggetter[/QUOTE]

Comment

You can see how important the situation is by the fact that Dick has written it all out twice! We do really need some help and have a couple of vacancies on the Committee.

Meetings are not exactly staid old grumpy sessions. We are a good committee who are always hatching plots to try new ventures and put things in place to help members get the most from the Club and also their bikes.

Ideas are introduced and we chew them over and the most likely outcome is that we give whatever it is a try. We are trying to forge closer ties between the Club and Greeves riders, particularly with the Greeves scrambles series. In fact, we are trying to encourage riding of all sorts, particularly trials.

We cannot afford to stay in the past as if changes do not occur, the Club will slide down the tubes as members leave and are not replaced. If some of our schemes do not prove successful then we simply stop doing them with no recriminations. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

All this takes time and energy and this is where we need your help. The meetings are quite lively and I for one, look forward to them which is more than I can say for any other committee I have ever served on.

If you fancy joining us, make contact and come along to one of the meetings. As I said earlier, if something doesn't work stop doing it and if you don't fancy coming back, that's fine. At least you will have bothered to have a look.

Come on then, who fancies being either the General Secretary or a common or garden committee member?!

Thanks,

Rob

Comment

Well said Rob, lets have some of you on board ,constructive new ideas and enthusiasm is what we want, i find gratification at doing what i can for the Club and Rob is a human dynamo who works tirelessly but he cant do it all, although he tries and does it very well, we have now Jack, and Kim, this last year who are supporters of shows and events, Trials Scrambles etc, and our new editor, John Henry is giving us a cracking new Leading Link that i think you will all agree on as well.

Lets have our phones ringing, and have a chat ok cheers Dicky

Comment

Working...
        X