Oil prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil prices

Despite petrol & diesel price falling dramatically the cost of lubricating oil has not fallen. Bought 5 litres of Comma 2 stroke from my normal supplier yesterday & it was still £19.94, same as about a year ago.

Cheer up!.........chip oil is down...........

Comment

So's emu oil, despite the high cost (both emotional, mental and physical) of extraction....

Mind you, chicken oil is still dirt cheep, but that's 'cos it's rubbish......

Brian.

Comment

That's the start of another round of chicken jokes

Comment

Don't worry mate, it's just bantam....

bRiAn.

Comment

I was about to answer to john..... It's because the lube stock blended for your oil was purchased at wholesale well over a year ago ... When the Price of a barrel was over a $100 ... And the raw material cost for a finished oil is a much smaller % of total product cost than refined fuels .. Thus less volatile to the price of Brent Crude ..... When I just read Higgos and Thommos answers and just cried with laughter instead 😂😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
              I was about to answer to john..... It's because the lube stock blended for your oil was purchased at wholesale well over a year ago ... When the Price of a barrel was over a $100 ... And the raw material cost for a finished oil is a much smaller % of total product cost than refined fuels .. Thus less volatile to the price of Brent Crude ..... When I just read Higgos and Thommos answers and just cried with laughter instead 😂😂😂
              I am sure you right Kim & of course the sale of oil is not so competitive as fuel, not many vehicle owners do their own oil changes these days so retail sales are low, the main sale of oil goes to garages (who just pass on the cost in the servicing charges). In fact DIY car servicing/repairs are dwindling with the complexity of cars & many motorist discount shops are having to diversify into bicycles & other products. One long established shop in Cambridge has gone to the wall leaving a couple of Wilco branches plus Halfords both now heavily into push bikes.

Comment

Working...
              X