Griffon tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griffon tank

Hi, being relatively new to the GRA and these pages, I know many of my questions may have been asked in the past, but so far everyone has been extremely patient and helpful,so taking a deep breath....another request for help. When I purchased my Griffon I thought it sensible to treat the GRP tank with one of the sealers to protect it from the dreaded ethanol. All seemed fine but recently I removed the bike cover from the bike and noticed that the gel coat over much of the tank has crazed and cracked. Is this a common fault or has the heat produced with the chemical reaction of the sealer caused this to happen? The tank doesn't leak. Is there a possibility that the gel can be replaced or is there someone who can supply new tanks? Any recommendations/comments will be greatly appreciated.
    As soon as my wheel is ready I need an MOT Test and it could fail if the tank looks dodgy.

Many thanks in anticipation

starider

griffon tank

Roger Ennis is the man for the tank. He can be contacted on 01594 562361. Hope this helps. Mick

Comment

Ethanol/Tank Sealer Problems....

Starider, you can find all the info you could possibly need on the following thread, which is a 'sticky' and as such always appears at the very top of the listing in this area of the forum. There are now around 21 pages of info, tips, advice, etc, etc....;http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...read.php?t=232

As Brokabolt (Mick) said, Roger Ennis (see page #11 onwards in the above thread, and indeed elsewhere on the forum, with regard to his excellent products) produces new tanks in ethanol resistant resin in the event that your tank is too damaged to repair.

Brian.
      Last edited by Brian Thompson; 05/02/2016, 03:31 PM. Reason: Link added.

Comment

The sad fact is fibreglass tanks do not last forever.
        I had a modified griffon tank made in alloy to suit my 360 Challenger. It is a beautiful work of art.

Comment

I left petrol in one of my Roger Ennis tanks for 6 months, with no sign of ethanol damage whatsoever!

Comment

Working...
          X