Shock news about new Greeves model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shock news about new Greeves model

Sources close to the association have revealed details about the first new Greeves model to be produced since the Griffon MK2 last produced in 1974.

Engineer and Greeves supremo, Dave Higgo, has finally been able to overcome the engineering hurdles associated with producing a radical new power unit which will also multi task as a home heating unit amongst other things.

The project has attracted extensive government grants and private investors are queuing up due to its Zero emission rating.

The new Bike will be called "THE GRAGA" and Dave says that he has two confirmed orders. One from bRIAn and one from Craig.

Pictures to follow.

Can't wait to see this, any pictures?

Comment

First pics revealed.....

You'll just have to be (a) patient Andy, like me and Craig.....

In the meantime though, and just for you....(and seeing as all this is your fault anyway.....and Scott's....!!!).....here's a secret spy pic of the power plant, shown in 'exploded' form for you to drool over..... Please note, this version is finished in Anglian Red, but other shades are available by request....

By the way, I've ordered mine with the extra high compression simmer plate, for more grunt at the bottom end....

bRiAn.
      Last edited by Brian Thompson; 27/01/2016, 04:49 PM. Reason: Link to engine added....!

Comment

At least it's a twin!

Pssstt! Got any candid shots with Mavis riding it?!

Comment

The appliance of the appliance.....

Funny you should say that Rob......Mavis has heard about it already and is already hassling me for a test fry-up....she even offered to wear the tabard to try and entice me..... Works for me mate...I'll see if I can set-up a shoot when the big day comes....

Thing is though, Higgo hasn't built it yet.....and me and Craig have got to wait until he's finished welding all Tony's frames together.....

Still....must say I'm really looking forward to seeing the results of Dave and Tony's efforts....I've never seen a Greeves with 24 wheels before.....

bRiAn.

Comment

The GRAGA,
            Attached Files

Comment

Moorland Beige....at last!!!!

..........!!!

I like your work Craig....!!!

Now.....where's mine then Dave.....????????!!!!!

bRiAn.

Comment

Lighter more efficent engine

I thought that the Rayburn would be a better bet as it is lighter and more powerful than the Aga

Comment

Now we're cookin'....

You may have a point there Tony.....and 'Grayburn' does have a kinda' ring to it....(4 rings, hopefully....and a grill....)

bRiAn.

Comment

I've broken mine.....already......

Originally posted by griffon380 View Post
                    The GRAGA,
                    Hi Craig,

Where to begin this sorry tale......

Well....I took mine out for a gentle bimble to put some running in miles on it, but sadly I'd ran out of 'R' (and Emu Oil) to baste the joint with so foolishly decided to use some dubious quality 'Chicken Oil' (TM c'bro) I had 'laying' around, just because I couldn't wait....

Yep, you guessed it.....not five miles down the road there was an almighty bang from down below followed by loads of smoke, and then that awful silence and all too familiar feeling of self-loathing and disappointment....not to mention the costs involved (ham cob, packet of Cheesy Wotsits and some socks....) Here's a pic of what I discovered when I opened the inspection cover.....http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/med...iken-barns.jpg

As I stood dejectedly at the side of the road, there was nothing for it but grab the phone and call the Gas Man out....To be fair, he said he'd be there anytime between 9:00 am and 5:30 pm and at least he turned up on the same day....

I'm now 'waiting for parts'.....

bRiAn.

Comment

Look in the manual Brian, it clearly say`s " never use chicken oil ".....
                      We tried using it on early tests of the graga at silverstone, but as you can see from pic 1, we had problems with the main oven overheating......!
                      Its ok, no one was hurt, but its a good job Rodger, our hot plate technician ( pic 2 ) was on hand & raced to the scene on the company transport..........
                      Attached Files

Comment

As you know I am no expert Brian but I would imagine due to the use of chicken oil your big 'en has gone

Comment

Emu Oil Squash (new product....)

I know Dave/Tony, I know.....definitely should'a read the 'destructions' before firing it up.... That Chicken Oil is rubbish, even at 200-1.....

Re The 'Silvertone' (by Hotpoint) prototype mishap.....I told 'ya that using the turbo fan oven was just askin' for trouble.....

I just hope that Dicky wasn't hurt too much in "the incident"....not that he usually is when these things happen of course, just the machinery and the scenery.....(and stuff in the carpark)....

Hang on a minute....those aren't Cambridge plates on that car.....are they....???

bRiAn.
                          Last edited by Brian Thompson; 30/01/2016, 09:34 AM. Reason: Extra drivel....!

Comment

You KNOW you want it Kim......

Kim......you've been staring at that pic of Craig's GRAGA for over five hours now.....

Why don't you just order one from Higgo and be done with it....?!!

tHoMmO.

Comment

I`ve got his on the test bed now Brian, having trouble trying to source heat proof cable ties though....

Comment

Working...
                              X