Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please read some good news!

Graeme Smith reunited with his bikes and the culprits named

Indeed good news, but hardly a heavy enough punishment, for those responsible.......but on the positive side, great to see so many pro bike minded people, all helping to find the bikes.
    On a side note, graeme, who i did not know at the time, owned the only other Nevel griffon, & gave me a hard time for ten mins in the pits at mortimer, thinking i had his/or parts of his bike..........i think i`d probably be the same....

Comment

A great ending. Back in 1973 I bought my TFS via my brother for £20, had to pay him back £1 a week out of my paper round money as I was 12 years old at the time! About 18 months later my pride and joy was stolen out of the barn of the farm I used to ride. In 1979 I had a phone call at work, it was Bow police station imforming me that the bike had turned up! It had been through various "owners" until finally a dealer in London bought it for £200. He applied for a logbook for another bike which showed as stolen on the dvla records to the plod paid a visit to his premises and my bike was found. I got the bike back, did a light restoration on it and the following year showed it at the Hellingly Festival Of Transport. I got talking to a guy who showed great interest in the bike. He said it reminded him of a TFS he owned. Further on in the conversation he said that his bike got snatched back by the police as it was stolen, it was my bike he had! He liked the bike so much he wanted to buy it off me again but as it was my first bike I refused and still have it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
        http://goo.gl/jDr0vT
        Graeme Smith reunited with his bikes and the culprits named
        Culprits should have gone in the nick for a minimum of 2 years. 200 hours community is a soft option, & as for the £1000 compensation they have probably made this several times over on other bikes they have nicked.

Comment

Working...
        X