Gearbox spares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox spares

Morning all, at least 50 odd views on my 'Christmas presents' wanted add for two gears for my albion 4 speed Challenger box but sadly no replies, i also left a message with Terry Sewell with no reply. Are there no spares available for my gearbox? Any thoughts anyone? Stace.

You could try Geoff Nunn or Dave Harper, neither of whom are Internet users. Dave Harper's address is in LL and he is in regular contact with Geoff.
    Another possibility is the late Frank Conley's in California, now run by Kenny Sykes.
    John A - 268

Comment

Hi Stace,
      I had the same problem when I started putting together a couple of griffons (see my post in projects).
      The way I got round it was to buy gearboxes as they cam up on ebay. sometimes i had to buy most the the bike as well

Sorry I don't have any spare Challenger gears. All I have is a complete gearbox (kidney shape MX2/3) that I bought of ebay america, but I need that and I have not even checked inside yet to see if its scrap or not.

Comment

Gear box spares

I bought a complete set of gears from the late Frank Conley a few years ago for my 360 Challenger. I gave him the part numbers and he duly supplied them promptly.
        I would suggest that you ring Kenny or send him a PM. I bought some transfers from him last year and like Frank he is very quick in dealing with items.
        Highly recommended as are both Geof and Dave.
        These chaps are why we belong to the GRA.
        Mike

Comment

Originally posted by stace View Post
          Morning all, at least 50 odd views on my 'Christmas presents' wanted add for two gears for my albion 4 speed Challenger box but sadly no replies, i also left a message with Terry Sewell with no reply. Are there no spares available for my gearbox? Any thoughts anyone? Stace.

I'll try to help. I have most gears in inventory. I still need to ID many as some were scattered. Almost all are wide ratio type with a few C/R in the mix

If anyone out there is rebuilding MX1 gearboxes, we have many parts as well.

We have many Villiers gears and shafts too.

Regards,
          Kenny Sykes
          USA

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Norris View Post
            I bought a complete set of gears from the late Frank Conley a few years ago for my 360 Challenger. I gave him the part numbers and he duly supplied them promptly.
            I would suggest that you ring Kenny or send him a PM. I bought some transfers from him last year and like Frank he is very quick in dealing with items.
            Highly recommended as are both Geof and Dave.
            These chaps are why we belong to the GRA.
            Mike

Thank you Mike!

Kenny

Comment

Gears

Hi kenny its Stace, AKA Dave stacey, the gears are for the MX6 i bought, i have gone through the whole bike bar the esthetics, she has a nice original patina, good enough for hill climbing which hopefully will be her first use in anger. G1411/13 layshaft pinion-26T and G1411/177 mainshaft pinion-25T
              Both have the dogs well rounded off and as i dont want to find that when i get her fired up she is jumping gears, not good for hill climbing. Any help most appreciated. Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by stace View Post
                Hi kenny its Stace, AKA Dave stacey, the gears are for the MX6 i bought, i have gone through the whole bike bar the esthetics, she has a nice original patina, good enough for hill climbing which hopefully will be her first use in anger. G1411/13 layshaft pinion-26T and G1411/177 mainshaft pinion-25T
                Both have the dogs well rounded off and as i dont want to find that when i get her fired up she is jumping gears, not good for hill climbing. Any help most appreciated. Dave.

Hi Dave.

We have plenty in stock!

Thank you!

Kenny Sykes
                USA

Comment

Working...
                X