Joel Robert's transporter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joel Robert's transporter?

I have seen a poor version of this pic before, but now a better version has been posted. Now I can see that the Mini Pickup is Right Hand Drive, with a Brit style plate. Question is...was it Joel's, or was it someone else? Anyone recognisable in the pic other thann Joel?
    Attached Files

Stan Laurel in the middle..?
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
      I have seen a poor version of this pic before, but now a better version has been posted. Now I can see that the Mini Pickup is Right Hand Drive, with a Brit style plate. Question is...was it Joel's, or was it someone else? Anyone recognisable in the pic other thann Joel?
      The registration on the pick up looks a uk one with last letters poss VE (Cambridgeshire) used in reverse series in 1961 to 63 which suggest a rider from this part of the world. (Freddy Mayes maybe) Can you make out reg on original pic?
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 30/11/2015, 09:15 AM.

Comment

As this came from Facebook via a foreign source, I'm afraid I can't get any more of a guess than you. If this is a delivery to Joel, why has it altready got a number on it? I presume the taller gent to be the owner, maybe one our senior members can recall who it is? Could it be a rider on his way to a Belgian event?
        Last edited by Brian Catt; 30/11/2015, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
          As this came from Facebook via a foreign source, I'm afraid I can't get any more of a guess than you. If this is a delivery to Joel, why has it altready got a number on it? I presume the taller gent to be the owner, maybe one our senior members can recall who it is? Could it be a rider on his way to a Belgian event?
          I would not think the pickup belonged to Joel, more likely a rider from the UK visiting him, possibly having bought the bike!!! Presumably the owner/driver of the Mini pickup took the pic so is not in the pic. The number looks like 32 AVE which would be a Jan/Feb 1962 Cambridgeshire mark, so would have been about the right period. Lots of riders had mini pickups back then it could have been a local rider who bought the bike from Joel & was collecting it.
          Last edited by John Wakefield; 30/11/2015, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X