Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You learn something every day!!

Hi,
    Being new to the Greeves Griffon and not having had the chance to have a good chat with someone who knows a lot about the model, I have been using my 55 odd years of being around Two strokes to find my way around my Griffon. Today I decided to road test my newly fitted re-lined rear brake shoes prior to re-building the front wheel[when the rim I ordered 10 weeks ago eventually turns up] and a subsequent MOT Test.I was cursing the lack of movement when kick starting as the engine wouldn't fire up,I was looking down whilst getting my breath back and cursing the footrest being in the way when I suddenly took interest in the big flat wing nut type bracket next to the foot rest, I realise that you all know what that is for,so do I now!! it's to hold the foot rest in the "up"position. The bike now starts first kick!!

A note from the FBHVC, old style number plates are now linked to the historic tax date.Therefore non-reflective plates are now permitted on vehicles built before 1st January 1975. starider

Griff info.....etc.

Re the Griffon footrest keeper to aid in kick starting, see post 2 pic 3 of this thread, along with the all the others for more general Griffon info....

Just watch out for Ron who's also lurking on that thread somewhere.....

Brian.

Comment

Working...
    X