Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copdock bike show 1

Hi all,
    Had an interesting day at the Copdock Bike Show today,very crowded.Found it difficult to walk around with such a crowd around, right up to late afternoon,found some like minded people to talk to. Found 4 Greeves bikes(including my one), see pic's. Loads of stall's, one Greeves frame changed hands that I know of, not me I might add.
    Pic's loaded over 3 pages.

MikeV.
    Attached Files

Copdock 2

More pic's

MikeV.
    Attached Files

Comment

Copdock 3

And just to get your juices flowing for the speed freaks, more pic's.
      And they ran up the Honda. What a glorious sound, 4 open mega's belting out their sound.

MikeV.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by MikeV; 05/10/2015, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Our paths must have crossed a few times yesterday, Mike. My brother Tony was showing his T100A on the Triumph OMCC stand and my friend Roy was showing his splendid Norvin in the custom class. I've written that one up for RealClassic and it has made the cover of the latest issue (RC 138). Quite a beast. Mick showed me that TD or TDS frame he bought. He'll soon have that built up into something.

I was chatting to the owner of the only Scott in the show when they sparked up that Honda nearby - fair old racket and it knackered conversation for a bit!

Not a bad show, but not that much of classic interest apart from the (very good) private entry display in the "proper" hall. Pretty average 'jumble, although Tony did find the "correct" primary chain case for his Triumph.

It certainly was packed and I was glad I rode in on the Yamaha XJ6; car drivers were having a right nightmare getting away late afternoon.
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Hi Colin,
          You must have spoken to the same man as I did on the Speedway stand. Must have spent 1 1/2 hrs swaping stories about Greeves and speedway. If you have a contact number for him that would be handy,please PM me if you have.( I forgot to write down the one he gave me)
          As to the run up of the Honda, I was standing right behind it, what a glorious sound. At the time I was standing there they could not get the Manx or the G50 to fire up. They suspected low fuel levels in the tanks,don't know if they managed to start them up when I was away from the area. Would have loved to hear them running

You were right about the traffic, my son and myself was trapped in it for about 3/4 hr.

Did you see my Pathfinder in the hall? What do you think of it?

MikeV.

Comment

The chap on the (excellent) speedway stand was Mick Wall. He's ex-factory and always has a good line of chat. PM on its way.

I saw (and heard!) the Honda around 3.00pm, and they started the Norton straight after. Scott man and I beat a hasty retreat.

Certainly did have a good look at the Pathfinder. Super job I have to say!
            Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 06/10/2015, 08:23 AM.
            Colin Sparrow

Comment

Hi Colin.
              Thanks for the praise, it's very much appreciated, particularly after all the problems I had to overcome.
              It seems like I was over the otherside of the park when they ran up the Norton then, shame I missed it.
              Thanks for the PM.

MikeV.

Comment

nice pipe and silencer on the TFS i expect it is a remake of an original, ? does any body who now makes replicas

Comment

Maurice Nicholas' TFS, however it has been through several pairs of hands in the last year, so the source of the exhaust system is probably unrecorded. Nice bike.
                  Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
                  X