Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IoM pics

Originally posted by Buzzer View Post
    I took several detailed photos of the police bike, as I thought they would be of interest to the members. If you had allowed me time to resize them, I would have posted them on here.
    Sorry Ian (Buzzer) I did not know they were your pics, as I say they just came up with the cafe race on Photobucket so thought it would be of interest on this thread (& the police bike tread). So I had no idea you intended to post the pics of the DF. Why not do so now, in fact did you get any of the second one which I understand is almost finished. Both these bikes were with an ex GRA member in Cambridgeshire for many years he started restoration but did not finish it when he had to move house & did not have room for them. Looks like Tony is doing a first class restoration job.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsbody View Post
      John, I saw it two years ago but didn't have a camera with me so it does exist! There was a Silverstone in there as well if I remember, there is also a Silverstone at the museum in Kirkmichael that belongs to Tony Wall ( Wall and Sagar, Lancaster as was ). Dogsbody
      Yep strange that no one has come up with the answer yet. Lots of people must have visited the museum over the MGP week. Rob went so maybe he has the answer.
      I have emailed Peter Murray so hopefully may get the full SP on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsbody View Post
        John, I think it looks like a CB500/4 motor. Dogsbody
        http://www.japsirauta.fi/CB500-73-13tkmES.jpg
        Or a CB550/4

Comment

More pics of police bikes

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzer View Post

Thanks for those Buzzer, the first & third pics are VJJ 980G, & the second & forth are VJJ 982G
            A bit more info on the Honda 4, it was constructed by a man in Birmingham. Peter Murray is away on holiday at the moment & does not have details with him. But says he can let me have the full SP on it when he returns in about 3 weeks. So hopefully mystery will be solved then
            Last edited by John Wakefield; 15/09/2015, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Honda 4 Greeves unmasked

After talking to Pete Murray I have now traced the man who built the 4 cylinder Greeves. Mick Kenny of Birmingham. The bike was constructed out of a basic 25DC roadster frame & forks, Honda CB550cc engine, CB72 front & rear hubs, & swinging arm from the 550 Honda. Rear sub frame has been stiffened up by Mick, tank (in fibreglass) & seat Mick had made specially. The bike is registered 386 GOC with frame number 61/3196 so started off as a Birmingham registered 25DC
              The idea was to build a fast road bike to take to the IoM, hence where Pete Murray saw it & subsequently bought it. Mick a former GRA member also owned the Ranger that's in Petes museum, he imported it from USA & it was according to Mick exhibited on the GRA stand at Stafford a few years ago (someone may have some pics of it then) So that's about it although Mick said the Honda 4 Greeves went like the proverbial s**t off the shovel.

The Ranger seen in background on one of the pics is a USA import, frame number 24CS146, now with UK age related registration 701 YUT. I believe this bike was exhibited at Stafford a few years ago when with its previous owner also Mick Kenny. It like the Honda/Greeves is now owned by Pete Murray.
              Last edited by John Wakefield; 17/10/2015, 12:20 PM. Reason: Reg & frame number added

Comment

Working...
              X