Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seen in IOM

Anybody know the story behind this one?

Is this in Murray's Museum or Tony East's? also in one pic there is a Ranger in the background. There was one of these in Murrays some years ago when Drew Pritchard visited as part of the Salvage Hunters TV programme

Comment

Was this at Tony East Museum??

Comment

It is in Murray's Museum. Well worth a visit if you are in the IOM. Dogsbody

Comment

Did you take the pic if so did it not have any info on it? Looks like it has a tax disc so presumably road legal, did you get reg. number or frame number? At first glance it looks like a Honda CB400/4 engine http://s.hswstatic.com/gif/1975-honda-cb400-4.jpg but not so sure as clutch housing is different
          A bit hairy I would have thought, there was a guy building a Triumph triple some years ago an article on it in LL.
          Last edited by John Wakefield; 07/09/2015, 03:13 PM.

Comment

24DF seen at IoM

Also seen in IoM and at Tony East's Museum is one of two 24DF City of London Police bikes under restoration VJJ 980G (24DF117) & VJJ 982 (24DF119) this is VJJ 982G. Pic taken August 23, 2015
            Last edited by John Wakefield; 15/09/2015, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Wherever did you find that picture John?

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzer View Post
                Wherever did you find that picture John?
                On the same Photobucket page as the Honda? four engined Greeves. I assume they are not your pics then?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsbody View Post
                  It is in Murray's Museum. Well worth a visit if you are in the IOM. Dogsbody
                  Some bigger pics

Comment

John, I think it looks like a CB500/4 motor. Dogsbody

Comment

Looks good wonder how it handled? seems as though it is bolted through the Alloy beam and packed out accordingly

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsbody View Post
                        John, I think it looks like a CB500/4 motor. Dogsbody
                        http://www.japsirauta.fi/CB500-73-13tkmES.jpg
                        I think you are right, but the clutch housing looks different, maybe a special casting. I am surprised that as yet no one knows about the bike & has not seen it when visiting Murray's Museum. It does not appear in pics taken there on Flickr, but nor does the Ranger in the background. The back end looks to have been highly modified with extra tubes. If this pic appeared around 1st of April it may answer the questions.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
                          On the same Photobucket page as the Honda? four engined Greeves. I assume they are not your pics then?
                          I took several detailed photos of the police bike, as I thought they would be of interest to the members. If you had allowed me time to resize them, I would have posted them on here.

Comment

Like the 'fabricated' paddock stand

Colin

Comment

John, I saw it two years ago but didn't have a camera with me so it does exist! There was a Silverstone in there as well if I remember, there is also a Silverstone at the museum in Kirkmichael that belongs to Tony Wall ( Wall and Sagar, Lancaster as was ). Dogsbody

Comment

Working...
                              X