The weekend gra trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The weekend gra trial

The Trial at Frensham Surrey this Sunday despite the bad weather was well supported by the riders and several observers to make the day go well, there will be a report in the next Leading Link, and i hope some comments on here from those who participated yesterda.

I must give a big thank you to Martin Kemp for acquiring the land for us yet again, and the land owner also , Martins two helpers who marked as well, Jeff Morgan and his mate(sorry forgot your name) another age related blip by me.

Mike Norris was observing , and i did as well due to putting my back out taking the bike off the workshop stand, Rob did the trial an hour and a half after every one else,! due to him helping Mick on his Bultaco which still did not start anyway so they done a share a bike scheme on Robs Anglian .

Well done again the Good Samaratin ,Captain Mainwaring

Dick - as a participant I must thank you, Martin and the other helpers for a super event. Even the weather was better than it was at home!

I'm pleased to report my 'green' TDS has now completed a trial without giving any signs of wanting to go home early, unlike previous outings.

My 1st lap took about 90 mins and I'm sure I was lapped several times. Anyway the next 3 laps were completed in about an hour & a quarter - I think everyone else had already gone home so there wasn't much queuing.

A couple of sections were evil, well the mud was, and I failed miserably, but was pleased to see that the Capt, despite his urgings to have another go, and another go, etc, likewise failed to overcome the mud / horrible sideslope.

Anyway - fantastic job and I'm looking forward to the next one.
    Last edited by hoveactually; 01/06/2015, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Yes it went well, didn't it. The weather forecast was dead on, as when we were laying out in the dry on Saturday the sections seemed too easy, but the warm, tropical rain made them just right on the day.
      Dick worked tirelessly throughout, coming down on Saturday to sort out the secretarial side of things (and keeping us in check) as well as taking entries on the day, observing and helping tear it all down afterwards.

The chap who's name escaped Dick was Shaun Wallis, old mate of mine and Martins', not a GRA member but gave up his Saturday to help us though he was unable to ride the event itself. We're working on him, though, he normally rides a TY Yamaha, but I've lent him my Cheetah (with Greeves barrel) for the Somerton Classic, who knows where that could lead?

Good to see so many Greeves in one place, as well as some other nice old machinery.
      Well done for finishing, H.A., slippery cambers with roots are no fun, eh?

I rode the red route with Martin, who had an excellent ride, and the advantage of his Cerianis over my leading links made itself apparent, but then I was soundly thrashed by the two lads on rigids (AJS and Enfield) as well!

Comment

Thanks for your words of support on the event, it made a change from riding as i had a back problem, but WoooooooooooooooooW, after about 20 years lay off from getting involved with all the protocol b------s, there is today i can only admire the club stalwarts who do this every week all over the country.
        I spent all yesterday doing the results , what a nightmare, wet sheets, crossings out, etc, but worst of all and Martin did remind me peoples names printed not clearly, some with e mails, some you could not read anyway, no route filled in on the form, and i did ask each competitor to fill it on the entry form, and the class was not put in either ! this applied to 60% of the entry?

But i will try and give results on the forum or the Web page , Rob and i will have another look at them before we post them ok.

Thanks again to all those who came and rode , and the supporters, it was nice while observing that 90% thanked us for the time in doing so

Comment

Observing

Dick, I'm afraid the current scene lends itself to problems such as you experienced. Unless you can get a full set of details at signing-on, you are going to have major problems with the entry lists and results. As for the different routes......it creates a lot of problems again. On some events, there are 3 colours with some riders doing a 50-50, so they do half of one route and half of another, so in fact there's at least 4 different routes to contend with.
          I have been to some of our local events and not had a clue what routes people were doing, too confusing!!!!! I'll stick with Classic Enduro and MX!

Comment

Working...
          X