Museum Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Museum Auction

There is a Greeves in the pic of the bikes ( JW please identify !) but I must admit to wanting the Bond Bug having owned one in the 70s but that's another story.
    Clarkson is said to be among 2,000 motoring enthusiasts that will bid on items in a private car collection. Radio 2 DJ Chris Evans could also be bidding on the massive collection.

Dogsbody

Originally posted by Dogsbody View Post
    There is a Greeves in the pic of the bikes ( JW please identify !) but I must admit to wanting the Bond Bug having owned one in the 70s but that's another story.
    Clarkson is said to be among 2,000 motoring enthusiasts that will bid on items in a private car collection. Radio 2 DJ Chris Evans could also be bidding on the massive collection.

Dogsbody
    That Greeves looks interesting! A roadster with a Challenger barrel and expansion chamber. Is this the Slade OBG Special?

Comment

Yes its Rob Slades bike

Yes it is Rob Slades BGS Special replica, (real number FSV 549) his 32DC Sports Twin (XRD 274, licenced as a 250?) was also in there as well. see more on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/10631124@N07/11514767133/
      Sad that the Museum is closing, it was a vast collection housed in old green houses at Stondon near Henlow, Bedfordshire. It was never clear if Robs bikes were still owned by the Slade family.
      The museum shuts on April 6, the vehicles will be auctioned off by Brightwells at its 10-acre sales site in Leominster, Herefordshire
      More about it here http://www.thecomet.net/news/end_of_...seum_1_4008400
      The auction is being held in two parts. Part 1 Wednesday 29th April & Part 2 Wednesday 10th June motorcycles will be in Part 1 http://www.brightwells.com/ClassicCa...useumSale.aspx
      The Greeves are not shown in the catalogue so may not be in the auction http://www.brightwells.com/ClassicCa...oguePart1.aspx
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 31/03/2015, 08:32 PM. Reason: Auction date & link added

Comment

Rod Slade's Special.

With all those links John, I'm surprised to see you didn't add this one as well....

With my sincere apologies to everyone in the club, I suppose I really should have posted this in the 'Member's Only' area. In mitigation, at least the cost of the old magazine came from my own pocket.

Perhaps one of the moderators could move it across to the 'Help & Advice' area on my behalf please?

Greeves roadsters, e.g. Sports Twin and Single, Essex Twin, Fleetwing, Fleetmaster, Fleetstar Deluxe, East Coaster.

Brian.
        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 31/03/2015, 10:54 PM. Reason: Link added.

Comment

Rob Slades bikes/Stondon auction

Thanks Brian for reminding me of the thread on Robs bike. It will be interesting to see if this is actually in the auction. I had a feeling that his bikes were on loan to the museum but could never find out for sure.
          Looks like all the bikes are being sold without a reserve so maybe some bargains to be had, but from memory there are no other Greeves in the collection. Strange though that Brightwell's are carting all the vehicles to Leominster, one would have thought that they would have sold them on site at Stondon which is more centrally situated in the country, & nearer London, but maybe the premises need to be cleared quickly, & lots of buyers bid on the internet these days,

Comment

Greeves not in auction

I have just received the following email from Toby Service at Brightwells, it looks as though the Greeves are NOT in the auction.

Thank you for your email. There are about another 20 to be uploaded on to the catalogue but I am sure there are no Greeves bikes to be entered. There are a number of vehicles at the museum as you may know that belong to other people and are likely to be returned to their owners.
            I would advise contacting Chris Saunders at the museum and he should be able to help.

Comment

Greeves not for sale

Just heard from Stondon Museum owner Chris Saunders who says at the present Rob Slades Greeves are not being sold but if things change he will contact me. In that event I will put up a post.

Comment

Well done John. Colin

Comment

Rod Slade's Special etc.

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
                  Thanks Brian for reminding me of the thread on Robs bike.
                  No problem John, and thanks for all the update(s).

Brian.

Comment

Invacar anyone

Brightwells have now listed the cars & other vehicles from the Stondon Museum collection. It include an Invacar Mk12 (PEV 627D) http://classiccars.brightwells.com/v...ls.php?id=5457
                    Auction is at Leominster on 10th June

Comment

Working...
                    X