Salvage Hunters/Murrays Motorcycle Museum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salvage Hunters/Murrays Motorcycle Museum

Just been watching an episode of Salvage Hunters on Quest TV. Drew Pritchard visited Murray's Motorcycle Museum, this closed in 2005 (& Tony East started his ARE Museum), so the programme must be an old repeat.
    One of the bikes that took Drew's eye was a Greeves Ranger, I wonder what happened to that when the museum closed.

It was still open last September Now moved to Santon, on the Castletown road near to Fairy Bridge. Well worth a trip, several Greeves and some really nice race bikes and lots to see. Cup of tea included in admission charge! Peter has lots of stories and is knowledgeable on all things TT. Dogsbody

Comment

Murrays Motorcycle Museum

Originally posted by Dogsbody View Post
      It was still open last September Now moved to Santon, on the Castletown road near to Fairy Bridge. Well worth a trip, several Greeves and some really nice race bikes and lots to see. Cup of tea included in admission charge! Peter has lots of stories and is knowledgeable on all things TT. Dogsbody
      Yes it was at Santon in programme, the details on IoM web site http://www.iomguide.com/motorcyclemuseum.php are obviously out of date.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
        Just been watching an episode of Salvage Hunters on Quest TV. Drew Pritchard visited Murray's Motorcycle Museum, this closed in 2005 (& Tony East started his ARE Museum), so the programme must be an old repeat.
        One of the bikes that took Drew's eye was a Greeves Ranger, I wonder what happened to that when the museum closed.
        I went to the old museum a few years ago and have to admit I have no memory of that Ranger! Very nice though. He does seem to travel all over the country without buying much.

Comment

Salvage Hunters

Originally posted by Andy Z View Post
          I went to the old museum a few years ago and have to admit I have no memory of that Ranger! Very nice though. He does seem to travel all over the country without buying much.
          Yep obviously its just a buying spree for the programme with the aim of visiting various horders, dealers & museums & finding unusual stuff. Its obvious that the trip to IoM with the few bits he bought would not have been viable given the cost of fuel, ferry charges, hotel bills & of course his & his employees time. The TV company obviously fund it like some of the other shows like Wheeler Dealers. If he was going to make any real money he would have filled the van with stuff. An interesting programme, not necessarily for the stuff DP buys, but the stuff that is in the background. He does not normally buy motorcycles although he did buy a couple in one programme, one being an XT500 Yam that he sold onto a mate. With regards the Greeves Ranger he did not consider buying that but just remarked "A Greeves, not seen one of those for years" Obviously has not visited the GRA site.
          His missus is always waiting on his return & unusually for a reality show nearly always compliments him on his finds, although in one programme he bought a Volkswagen generating set, & she said "Whats that, are you going to weigh it in" (for scrap). Drew reckoned it was a genuine VW made thing & it would be of interest to VW enthusiasts, not so sure as I could not find anything on Google except a news cutting from some magazine showing a similar thing that was said to be an axillary generator from an electric bus. Hardly a collectable antique.

Comment

Found some pics of Murrays Museum on Flickr the Ranger is in the background in this pic https://www.flickr.com/photos/104184...57644548028647 there is also a Silverstone in there. https://www.flickr.com/photos/jamesh...57630010602167
            Last edited by John Wakefield; 18/02/2015, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X