Head stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head stock

Can anyone point me in the direction of some new headstock bearings for 1960 scottish, I can get the balls ok from ERIKS, local bearing supplier,but they did not recognise the races. Thanks Derek Walter.

Headstock Bearings

Try Villiers Services they had some at the AGM a couple of years ago. Let the Forum know how you get on as they are always in demand...John P.

Comment

headstock bearings

greeves are refurbing my forks and I have asked for new cups and bearings which seam to be available although Richard was trying to sell me a taper conversion so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

Bearings

Don't rush into that one, you may find your forks will not fit !

Rob.

Comment

bearings

thanks Rob thats all I need!!! While i have your attention I have tried your recommendation of East restorations but I think they could well have finished as an email has raised no responce. And speaking of no responce I have emailed and written with an sae to john collard re registration verification?Help or got any ideas.

Comment

Bearings

Well what can I say, firstly think you are mixing your Rob's up, I have never recommended any dealer or firm to you, there is one I would certainly not recommend to any one, however !

If you are looking to contact John, suggest you send Druid a p.m.

Regards Rob.
            Last edited by Sprocket; 15/02/2015, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DEREK WALTER View Post
              Can anyone point me in the direction of some new headstock bearings for 1960 scottish, I can get the balls ok from ERIKS, local bearing supplier,but they did not recognise the races. Thanks Derek Walter.
              Some info on headstock bearings.The early standard frames (steel not alloy downframe) have their races inside the frame so the outer diameter is crutial.All other frames have the races fastening internally only so the external size doesn't matter.All the later races are too large in outside diameter to fit standard frames.If anybody has any of the earlier smaller races for sale please get in touch.

Comment

bearings

Thanks Rob which ever one you are John Collard has just mailed me with the info i needed.

Comment

Working...
                X