eBay listings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay listings

I would just like to say thanks to John Wakefield for his ebay listings posts.
    Not only are they educating to members who are not experienced in the different models but highlight the potential pitfalls and advantages of dealing on ebay.

I am interested in the greeves Anglican that is currently listed on e bay and went straight to the forum to view members comments on the particular bike.

Keep up the commentary as it helps educate the "non expert" newer members such as myself!

Thanks Mac
    ( N Ireland)

eBay listings

Thanks Mac for your words of encouragement.
    eBay is a minefield these days with all sorts of junk being hyped up as genuine.
    What started as a new way of buying & selling all sorts of things has in recent years been 'taken over' by dealers & chancers flogging off what in a lot of cases are things that would a few years ago gone to the tip. Having said that there are still genuine sellers out there & bargains to be found, but they are getting harder to find these days.
    A few tips.
    1) Beware of listings that say "Selling on behalf of a friend or neighbour" or "I dont know anything about Greeves" or "Engine seems free to turn but I have not tried starting it"
    2) Beware of dealers masquerading as private sellers, always click on their other items, if there are lots of other bikes or other similar items then they are a dealer. All genuine dealers will in accordance to eBay rules publish their trading name, tel number & email address.
    3)If possible go and look at the bike (or other item) I know it would cost a bit in petrol or bus/train fare to go & look, but it may save you forking out even more money on an old nail. If you cant go & look yourself try & find a knowledgeable friend (or a GRA member) living near the seller to go & look.
    4) Do not pay full price 'up front', pay a deposit with balance paid on collection, that way you will at least only loose a small amount of cash should the item not be up to the condition advertised. Remember digital pics can make a sows ear look like a silk purse.

Comment

All good advice, folks. I would like also advise that anyone new to Greeves consider getting hold of a copy of my book "Greeves - The Complete Story".

Pretty well every model Greeves ever made is illustrated in there.

By the way folks, I'm still looking out for a original but restored 24TFS not too far from East Anglia. I need to take colour pictures so that I can replace the B&W factory shot for the second edition.
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

There are too many ads that have the "electrical fault" to prevent the engine running........

Comment

Working...
        X