Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Season review.....best Greeves moments and pictures

Guys,
    Now we all are up to speed on posting pics and links - thanks to Brian ! - why not take a moment to share your favorite Greeves action shot/event/moment from 2014

This is mine - captured on camera by our very own Brian Catt ..........its the last bend before the finish of a pre60 race at MAylandsea- and I am battling with Mike Bell - who is my "pit Buddy" and I have been racing him for years - we have had many battles this last season and others but this was the closest contact - banging bars all the way out of the jump and round the bend......)I am on the left with the Nicholson Motor's shirt on - and Mike on the Right - and yes that is my elbow in his back and we are leaning left going round a right hander ........He beat me to the line by a gnats gonad......and in the pits we fell about laughing...
    Notice he has a helmet cam - and you can see this action from his view point
    Mike bell 270 shuts down Kim Morley 275 on the last lap ( nudge nudge ) on Greeves Hawkstones 250s

Add to this thread and post your favorites too - I look forward to seeing yours
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kim275; 12/01/2015, 08:10 PM.

Great final lap scrap there, Kim. You were lucky not to take out a few posts by look of things!

Comment

Greeves Championship Review 2014.

Hi Kim, John,

Great idea for a thread Kim!

Hope it get's the response it deserves mate, with lots of pics too!

Brian.

Comment

Thats two good ideas in a week kim........

Totally agree with comments above, good fresh threads like this are what the forums about, reminding us of what we all got up to last year summer, specially in the depths of winter! nice one kim......
        Unfortunately, i have no action pics, even with time lapse photography, i was still was not fast enough to be a blur......
        Last edited by dave higgins; 12/01/2015, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Only had three rides last year, one on the TriBSA at Marks Tey and one on the DOT at Battlesbridge. I guess the only one which qualifies for this Forum is the outing on the Hawkstone at the Copdock Bike Show, so here goes .........
          If I'm perfectly honest, though, my most memorable moment of 2014 was being asked at Battlesbridge to lead off the Parade on the 1954 DOT in Honour of the Passing of our beloved Hero, Dave B, who had passed away that day, a memory I shall treasure for the rest of my days.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by johnrunnacles; 13/01/2015, 09:45 AM. Reason: DOT photo added

Comment

Originally posted by johnrunnacles View Post
            Only had three rides last year, one on the TriBSA at Marks Tey and one on the DOT at Battlesbridge. I guess the only one which qualifies for this Forum is the outing on the Hawkstone at the Copdock Bike Show, so here goes .........
            John thanks for posting - great picture of guys out there enjoying riding a Greeves and showing the biking public what we are about...............Also for any folks out there on the forum who are looking for a place to ride a Greeves Scrambler - but not in a competition - the Copdock bike show and Battlesbridge are great experiences where the Greeves family of all disciplines come together for a great day out........Many Road Greeves are ridden or shown at these shows as well.
            Cheers Kim
            p.s I should also mention that pre65 run a clubman class.......where you can ride without racing.......in fact i fyou get too competitive - you are moved to the racing classes - again a good way to get a day out on your scrambler and be part of the classic scrambles scene (i.e enjoy your time fixing your Greeves in the Paddock along with the rest of us !!)
            Last edited by Kim275; 13/01/2015, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
              Totally agree with comments above, good fresh threads like this are what the forums about, reminding us of what we all got up to last year summer, specially in the depths of winter! nice one kim......
              Unfortunately, i have no action pics, even with time lapse photography, i was still was not fast enough to be a blur......
              Crikey Higgo - you are so slow this action shot of you at the Mortimer 100 Miler ...in 2013 ...has only just turned up ...so I guess it counts
              Attached Files

Comment

John R....great honour leading the parade for Dave B at Battlesbridge, but fancy depriving a young lady of her ride!!!!! Seriously though folks, it was a nice tribute to Dave and thanks to all that participated.
                As far as Higgo is concerned, I have a number of documented evidential pics of his speed, although I must admit, the current owner of the excellent BSA engined device is faster, also younger and fitter........We might see some battles at the 100 mile event, as I hear it might well be part of an all BSA-powered team..

Comment

She pleaded with me to take the ride for her, Brian. What's a guy to do? (Mind you, I didn't need asking twice!!)

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
                    Show them your Trials pictures Dave. We know you have been practicing for next year when you retire from the fast stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
                      John thanks for posting - great picture of guys out there enjoying riding a Greeves and showing the biking public what we are about...............Also for any folks out there on the forum who are looking for a place to ride a Greeves Scrambler - but not in a competition - the Copdock bike show and Battlesbridge are great experiences where the Greeves family of all disciplines come together for a great day out........Many Road Greeves are ridden or shown at these shows as well.
                      Cheers Kim
                      p.s I should also mention that pre65 run a clubman class.......where you can ride without racing.......in fact i fyou get too competitive - you are moved to the racing classes - again a good way to get a day out on your scrambler and be part of the classic scrambles scene (i.e enjoy your time fixing your Greeves in the Paddock along with the rest of us !!)
                      This if definitely for me Kim, will I see Dave and you there ??

Comment

Craig,
                        I have been to Battles bridge for 7 out of last 8 years....Copdock - not done yet but looks good as well !. Dave gets a bit car sick so normally only travels as far as Reading for the Mortimer meets

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
                          Craig,
                          I have been to Battles bridge for 7 out of last 8 years....Copdock - not done yet but looks good as well !. Dave gets a bit car sick so normally only travels as far as Reading for the Mortimer meets
                          I will definitely attend this year and would like Dave to be there to challenge him to the longest Griffon wheelie award. I can provide aircraft grade sick bags.

Comment

2014 Seasons Review

Just great watching the u tube footage Kim, nearly fell off the chair with envy! its so easy watching with the on board web cam to see the change in lines, and knowing the tracks it can still show you some useful moves that are not always apparent when walking a track. hope to get out this year if we can get bikes sorted , Captain is away on Top secret mission this week i understand in Northern England, so will try and motivate him on his return.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick F View Post
                              Just great watching the u tube footage Kim, nearly fell off the chair with envy! its so easy watching with the on board web cam to see the change in lines, and knowing the tracks it can still show you some useful moves that are not always apparent when walking a track. hope to get out this year if we can get bikes sorted , Captain is away on Top secret mission this week i understand in Northern England, so will try and motivate him on his return.
                              Thanks Dick - let's all keep onto the Captain and get you boys out a bit more next year..looking forward to it ..re lines....always at least 3 lines round any bend (2 right ones and one wrong one My favourite is the out to in to out - i did that a couple of times in that race and then Mike pulled the same stunt on me to beat me !! (but use that one at your own risk ) !.............next season I will be wearing my new GoPro (special waterproof version ) so should get some more GRA footage out of the Greeves racing !!

Comment

Working...
                              X