***stolen***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***stolen***

A recently restored 1960 Scottish (32A) has been stolen from a garage in South Reading Berkshire Reg *** GWL. Finished in a brighter than standard blue. Any help in recovery greatly appreciated. Theft reported to Thames Valley police.
    Thanks.

Dave

Dave, put a link to some pictures of it, its your best shot at someone recognising it, hope you get lucky!

Comment

Many Thanks, picture below.

Comment

Dave, its not good to put frame & engine numbers in the public domain, but in this case, people having this info will help identify it & also render the parts worthless to sell on, hope this helps...dave.

Comment

Many Thanks Dave. Yes, identity theft is the least of our worries. I restored the bike for a retired gent to enjoy. I have the engine and frame numbers, but maybe not worth posting at this point?
          Thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Davemayle View Post
            Many Thanks Dave. Yes, identity theft is the least of our worries. I restored the bike for a retired gent to enjoy. I have the engine and frame numbers, but maybe not worth posting at this point?
            Thanks for your help
            Most certainly worth posting frame & engine numbers now as with Newark show coming up this weekend the frame & engine may turn up there as autojumble.
            Members going could keep a look out

Comment

Many Thanks John. Frame & engine numbers:-

frame 60/1417, engine 863B/578

The wheel hubs have both been laced to stainless 'Devon' rims.

Dave

Comment

No problem Dave I have also posted it on the IKBA Forum for you, quite a few members on there go to shows. The more people looking the better. Hope it turns up in one piece.

Comment

Many Thanks for that John.
                  Dave

Comment

stolen

The taliban have got the right idea chop their theiving hands off. does this mean that greeves are so valuable that we will all need to chain them to anchors?I hope you recover it in one peice.

Comment

A bit of good news last week! The bike has now been found. It was recovered in some woodland with a few battle scars but at least we have it back.
                      Dave

Comment

Great news dave, sounds like kids nicking the bike without realising the consequences....glad its back in your hands.....

Comment

Amazing! That is great news, pretty rare these days.

Comment

Andy, you live over that side...was there any news of mike bells stolen 250 griffon?

Comment

No news on that one

I spoke to mike a couple of weekends ago and unfortunately no news.
                              He is now prepping the challenger for the 22nd

Comment

Working...
                              X