greeves electrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greeves electrics

can you tell me what the correct original equipment manufacturer was?browsing forums has given me mixed messages.what type of regulator was used is the miller switch offered by vmcc any good?Am I correct in thinking the ignition circuit is completely isolated from the lighting circuit is there a decent wiring diagram on the web if so were?Oh and by the way happy xmas to all our readers.

Originally posted by mikerwt View Post
    can you tell me what the correct original equipment manufacturer was?browsing forums has given me mixed messages.what type of regulator was used is the miller switch offered by vmcc any good?Am I correct in thinking the ignition circuit is completely isolated from the lighting circuit is there a decent wiring diagram on the web if so were?Oh and by the way happy xmas to all our readers.
    You will find wiring diagrams here http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...iring+diagrams
    The Miller switch offered by VMCC (and other outlets is NOT suitable for Greeves again there is a previous tread about this http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...=Miller+switch
    There is no voltage regulator in the original circuit, its 'controlled ' by switching in extra lighting coils when head light is on, hence why the VMCC switches are not suitable. You will find details of Lucas switches that will do the job but will need fixings modified.
    PS. You need to be a GRA member to read the thread on Wiring Diagrams as its in a Members only area.
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 20/12/2014, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
      PS. You need to be a GRA member to read the thread on Wiring Diagrams as its in a Members only area.
      I believe that Mike is a GRA member - its just that he hasn't yet been upgraded by Rob!

Sorry Mike! - I'm sure it'll be done soon...

AndyB (the original AndyB)

Comment

The second thread on Switches is in the 'public domain' & also includes a couple of wiring diagrams & covers the problem with switches. I think that will answer most of your questions Mike

Comment

privileges of rank

Thanks guys feel I've come of age however still got a lot to learn.On wiring diagram it show s a rectifier what do you recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by mikerwt View Post
            Thanks guys feel I've come of age however still got a lot to learn.On wiring diagram it show s a rectifier what do you recommend?
            The Maplin one AR 82D http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/kbpc10005-...ectifier-ar82d £2.39 these are available from other outlets including eBay. 10amp rating for similar prices, & also Paul Goff but he charges £5.25 for same thing.

Comment

electrics

John
              Thank you for your help am persuing your recommendations bought maplin rectifier on checking my wiring I have an extra wire "yellow" do I leave it unattached or should it be put to good use?Having been looking at forums you must get fed up with newbys asking the same questions don't stop thank you, it is quite astounding that we all seem to have the same issues. Must say with out this source of information a rebuild project would be a lot harder.Mike

Comment

Not sure about the yellow wire best to ignore colours & wire it as per the diagram I have shown with the Maplin rectifier in circuit

Comment

FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

Reading this and the usual questions about Moorland Blue and a few other subjects prompts me to suggest a FAQ section immediately accessible from our opening page. The experts in their various subjects can either give a brief and succinct answer or use the links to Forum facility to give more details. This will save much of the repetitive questioning from newcomers who fail to navigate the Forum Search facility.

Comment

newby

that,s me and I'm not computer literate either so there no hope only enthusiasm cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X