Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Festive Caption Competition, Round #1.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Festive Caption Competition, Round #1.

And so, with all the inevitability of the puncture in that brand new inner tube, the snapped piston ring as you forget to twist that Villiers barrel through the appropriate number of degrees....again, and that awful sound of the noble Villiers throttle slide adjustment screw as it works loose and embeds itself in your brand new piston and ruins that precision re-bore.....again, once more the hour is at hand!

Yes, it's time for Round #1 of that questionable endeavour of endurance and edification, that diatribe of disaster and utter futility, with the occasional funny bit....

I'm pretty certain this excellent pic would have been taken at the back of the factory on the 'test circuit', and it must be fairly early as it looks like a friction damped 20T being well and truly thrashed by Mr Greeves. Who's the monkey though chaps?

Here's a couple to get you started then.....have fun everyone!

Monkey; "Look Mr Greeves, someone's dropped a ten bob note on the track!"

Bert; "I know...I know! I spotted it 48 laps ago....keep yer 'ands off it!!!!"

Or.....

Monkey; "Mr Greeves.....I can't help feeling that 2 inches off the toe-in and new engine plates to bring the centre of mass more in line with the centre of gravity, coupled with a reduction in inertia via further weight saving initiatives, could only help in finding additional grip and improve steering, somewhat."

Bert; ....thinks......'I told 'em at the job centre I was paying peanuts because I specifically wanted a MONKEY! I dunno...they've all got degrees these days......!'

Or......

"Mr Greeves! Mr Greeves! I'm sure I could help you steer better if I wasn't roped in so tight......!

Over to you chaps.....!

Brian.
    Attached Files

"If you straighten up a tad earlier and get on the gas, we can get all 3 wheels airborne"

Comment

Me again, being boring:

The ballast is Peter Vine and the bike is one of the 1952 XP4 alloy-beam prototypes. They are "testing" the Greeves sidecar chassis on the waste ground behind the factory.
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

See, these things are 'educational' too!

Nice one Colin, thanks for the additional info.

....and an excellent start Mr Gribley....keep up the good work....!

Brian.

Comment

2014 festive caption

Peter, are you sure Bert that all this testing is going to make this outfit a force to be competitive against Wasp outfits, i dreamed about last night!!. Stop whining Peter,those 4 stroke things will never take off like we are about too!! hold or Buzz off.Arghaaaaaaaaaaaa

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
            And so, with all the inevitability of the puncture in that brand new inner tube, the snapped piston ring as you forget to twist that Villiers barrel through the appropriate number of degrees....again, and that awful sound of the noble Villiers throttle slide adjustment screw as it works loose and embeds itself in your brand new piston and ruins that precision re-bore.....again, once more the hour is at hand!

Yes, it's time for Round #1 of that questionable endeavour of endurance and edification, that diatribe of disaster and utter futility, with the occasional funny bit....

I'm pretty certain this excellent pic would have been taken at the back of the factory on the 'test circuit', and it must be fairly early as it looks like a friction damped 20T being well and truly thrashed by Mr Greeves. Who's the monkey though chaps?

Here's a couple to get you started then.....have fun everyone!

Monkey; "Look Mr Greeves, someone's dropped a ten bob note on the track!"

Bert; "I know...I know! I spotted it 48 laps ago....keep yer 'ands off it!!!!"

Or.....

Monkey; "Mr Greeves.....I can't help feeling that 2 inches off the toe-in and new engine plates to bring the centre of mass more in line with the centre of gravity, coupled with a reduction in inertia via further weight saving initiatives, could only help in finding additional grip and improve steering, somewhat."

Bert; ....thinks......'I told 'em at the job centre I was paying peanuts because I specifically wanted a MONKEY! I dunno...they've all got degrees these days......!'

Or......

"Mr Greeves! Mr Greeves! I'm sure I could help you steer better if I wasn't roped in so tight......!

Over to you chaps.....!

Brian.
            Is this Moorland blue Bert?????

Comment

Moorland Blueishblackgreygreenishturquoise.....?

......which bit......?

Brian.

Comment

Mr Greeves - "Only another 38 laps to go! Bet you didn't think you would be testing Greeves DAG 258 Rs Pile Ointment when I asked you to join us at Thundersley as a Development Rider?! 'Sits' well with the Bert Greeves Body Belt you know. Never mind, an Emu Oil Enema in the Comp Shop will soon put you right!"

Comment

Whilst ahead of his time engineering wise!....bert still had much to learn about aerodynamics....sadly on this occasion...glueing a greeves tank badge to his helmet did little to increase the downforce .......
                  Last edited by dave higgins; 09/12/2014, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Bert & peter out testing the outfit...... berts jacket was fine!...but after four laps, peter did notice some discolouration around berts seating area.....

Comment

"Faster, FASTER, Mr. Bert, that pesky Emu is catchin' up!! He says we owe him oil revenues."
                      Last edited by johnrunnacles; 09/12/2014, 11:55 PM.

Comment

To cash in on bt`s theme....
                        As bert rides the circuit, like a man pocessed...lap after lap..... peter can take no more & shouts to bert..." for christs sake bert....let it go!......it was only a penny you dropped "......

Comment

ooh errh!

As they start descending the steep hill, peter points to something shiney at the bottom...." look bert!....its u`r front brake arm, we lost on the last lap.....

Comment

2014 Festive Caption Competition!

Some crackers there everyone, thanks for joining in! And just to let you all know......Round #2 can be found here.....

Brian.

Comment

Working...
                            X